POR pull down bed for a toddler

zomama

Mouseketeer
Is there a way to put a side rail on it? how high off the ground is it? Thinking about having my just turning 3 year old ds sleep here because he has outgrown the pack n play and hates sharing a bed!

If you bring a rail, it is possible to put one up - but the mattress is not that heavy, so be careful that it will stay in place once set up.

It is about a foot and a half off the floor when opened, it opens out and rests on top of the bench part of the built-in.

I actually spent a couple of nights on it during our trip in November, and while it is too short for most adult people it isn't that bad. Comfort-wise I actually find it a great improvement over the old trundles, which I had also tried over the years.

that bed is for 9 and under. disney website states "Some rooms offer a banquette bed. (Banquette bed is 35" X 65" and not recommended for Guests over 9 years of age)"

you do not have to bring bed rails. disney provides them free of charge. housekeeping will bring it to you

you can actually request that they put a bed rail in the room- we did that last year when we went- we actually requested two just to be safe- one for each side- they will actually put it on the bed for you too!

that bed is for 9 and under. disney website states "Some rooms offer a banquette bed. (Banquette bed is 35" X 65" and not recommended for Guests over 9 years of age)"

you do not have to bring bed rails. disney provides them free of charge. housekeeping will bring it to you

If you read over on the POR thread, many people have reported their older children and even the parents have slept in it and found it to be very comfortable.

It isn't like housekeeping is going to tell on you if someone over the age of 9 is using it. I am 52 and barely 5'-0" tall; I am sure I would have no trouble sleeping on it.

neville04 said:
you can actually request that they put a bed rail in the room- we did that last year when we went- we actually requested two just to be safe- one for each side- they will actually put it on the bed for you too!

did you put the bed rails on the pull down bed?

We took the two small alligator pillows from the queen beds and tucked them under the fitted sheet of the pull down bed. It kept my 2 year old from rolling out and she felt "snug and cozy".

Housekeeping left them there until the 4th day when they changed the bedding. We just put them back and there they stayed until we left.:)

If you grab a pool noodle from the dollar store you can stick it under the fitted sheet and it will serve as a bumper :thumbsup2

If you grab a pool noodle from the dollar store you can stick it under the fitted sheet and it will serve as a bumper

Someone else mentioned this idea.... good idea but trying to fit that in your luggage would be a challenge! LOL!

I'm sure weight has more to do with it then length. So hopefully the heavier weight doesn't break the pull down or hurt the next child to use it if someone larger than a nine year old made it unsafe and loose. Love how people think they are above rules.

I'm sure weight has more to do with it then length. So hopefully the heavier weight doesn't break the pull down or hurt the next child to use it if someone larger than a nine year old made it unsafe and loose. Love how people think they are above rules.

It says it's not recommended, that doesn't make it a rule.

ETA
I just went to the WDW website and it let me book a room at POR for 2 adults, a 10yo, 11yo and 12yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter