• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR or new All Star Music Family Suites?

KKB

DIS Veteran
We are considering a January 2007 or 2008 trip for our family of 5. I had figured that POR was our most cost-effective room choice for our family of 5. The room is slightly bigger than our family suite was on DCL. Cozy but efficient quarters. Now we hear of these new family suites that are nearly double the space. Slightly more expensive...about $25/day more. It would be roomier, but I was wondering if POR has more ambiance than the value resorts. We have always felt that a room is basically for showering & sleeping, but we did spend a bit more time there w/ the kids than we do w/out them.
Does anyone have any strong opinions about either one?...regarding the space issue, location, ambiance, crowds (one reason we are looking at value season is to minimize this one)
Thanks for all your thoughts...
Kris

disney is treating this suites like their others - no discounts....

So I would go with POR or 2 value rooms.

of course if you don't care about discount then the all star music suites is nice.

music has never had the crowds that movie does.

it definitely has more room than POR. but no restuarant - only a food court.

POR has slides - value don't.
POR has a hot tub (spa) in the main pool area - value don't.

when I stayed in music it was not over run by kids. It had alot of singles and couples then. Now it probably has more kids because of the suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter