POR in May-- Regrets?

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
There are some of staying at POR in May. (Me -- 05/25-06/01)
This will be my first time at POR.
I read good and bad about this resort during their current transition.
Does anyone think those of us who are staying there in May will regret it?
Think bugs will be worked out and things settled by then?

I loved POR!!!!!! I like it better than AKL, don't get me wrong I liked AKL a lot but a night or two is all you need there. POR is a resort with much more to do. I enjoyed being there with most of the rooms closed. There were never many people(guest) around, some mornings we had the bus all to ourselves. As far as I could tell everything was up to Disney standards. The cast members were great, everything seamed perfectly normal just less crowded. The boat to downtown Disney was not running but as this was my first trip and I had never experienced it, I didn't miss it. I have heard that it is a long boat ride and taking the bus will get you there quicker. Don't worry, the services at the resort are not diminished just the crowds. In my opinion it made it seam more exclusive!

Have A Magical Trip!:)

I, also, love the POR! I would not hesitate to stay there in May.

As for the boat rise to Downtown Disney, it does not take long. Having done both, I would say that the boat is faster than the bus.

I too love POR, and I was booked there in May also. But, I just switched to CBR. The boat not running was a deciding factor. I feel it is a perk of POR and looked forward to it.....it's not a long ride. The scenery is so nice and relaxing.

So now is a good time to try out another mod.

We just returned (Feb.17th)from 2 weeks at POR and we did notice a difference in service from 2000.Hopefully by May the staff should be better trained and not be so overwhelmed.We witnessed first hand "cast member trainees"being told what was expected of them.In a few short days the resort went from low bookings to almost all of the buildings being open.Believe me there were quite a few people there!Not as many as feb 2000 at the same time but definately more than when we first checked in.But then again if bookings do not keep at the present levels and they close buildings again I don't know if they would have trained staff on hand for an increase in bookings.Only time will tell.

I was there Feb 12-18 and made a switch to CSR because of overall diminished service and cleanliness. I have a couple detailed posts on this board. Under the current circumstances, I would not recommend POR to anyone.

I also changed my May reservation from POR to CBR due to the boats not running and wanting a different place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter