POR coffee drinkers

Oomiak

Mouseketeer
I just got back from a week at POR. I can't believe in all my research and reading nobody ever mentioned that the in room coffee makers have coffee pouches, no filters. I brought a pound of good coffee with me because I knew there wasn't really any good coffee around. I had to use paper towels as a filter until I went to Walmart and picked up some filters. If you are planning to bring your own coffee, also bring some filters. It's a 4 cup pot and the filters I bought were for a 3" base. Once I had the filters the world was right again.

Thanks for that. I don't drink it but DH is rabid about his "good" coffee. :sad2:

I am trying to get him to bring it along but he likes to grind it IMMEDIATLY before it is brewed and I will be hearing all week how bad the coffee is at WDW. BTW, he is the one who wanted to go this year. Or at least he thinks he is the one. ;)

Normally I grind my beans right before brewing coffee but decided this week it would be easier to take ground coffee. I had the beans ground the day before we left and it was all good. If he really likes good coffee, I highly recommend he do what I did, nothing at WDW will come close.

I've never seen a hotel supply seperate coffee & filters. They all supply the
"pouch". :confused3 I'd never think of mentioning such a thing.

Thanks for that. I don't drink it but DH is rabid about his "good" coffee. :sad2:

I am trying to get him to bring it along but he likes to grind it IMMEDIATLY before it is brewed and I will be hearing all week how bad the coffee is at WDW.

I roast my own coffee and bring a small grinder on the trip, can't lug the Solis along.I have great coffee every morning / night.

Steve

We bring our own coffee down and inside our owners locker is a coffee grinder just waiting for my return.

Can anyone tell me what kind of filters I need? I have no. 4 cone filters for home use. Will these work?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter