POR Bus Stop Question...do I finally understand...

jmcghee2024

DIS Veteran
I have read ALOT. Is this correct?
We are staying in the Royal rooms.
So, before 10AM we should go to the East bus stop
After 10AM, we should go to the main bus stop or walk to POFQ.
And for meals at Poly, GF, and Contemporary we should take a taxi.
I'm assuming taxis are easy to find even early in the AM.
????
Any other advice?

I have read ALOT. Is this correct?
We are staying in the Royal rooms.
So, before 10AM we should go to the East bus stop
After 10AM, we should go to the main bus stop or walk to POFQ.
And for meals at Poly, GF, and Contemporary we should take a taxi.
I'm assuming taxis are easy to find even early in the AM.
????
Any other advice?

I have never had any trouble using the main bus stop at the times I go. I just try not to do it right at the height of people trying to get to rope drop.

I am not sure how you determined the 10:00 am thing??? The buses start running very early and at POR, they go around to all the stops.

If you are going directly from POR to a resort, it is quickest to take a taxi; that is the most direct route. The next is to take a parks bus that is located nearest to the resort; i.e., all three of those are on the monorail loop at MK. You can practically walk to the CR from the bus stop at MK.

Taxis are very, very easy to find at the resorts. If one is not waiting there, right outside the main door is a desk for guest services. They will call for a taxi that is already on property and it will arrive in a matter of minutes.

I don't understand why the time of day would have anything to do with which bus stop you go to. It is my understanding that all stops at the resorts are serviced all day. Is there something I don't know?

For meals at the monorail resorts, yes, you can take a taxi if you want to get there and back the fastest way. But if you can handle the buses (and MK is open), you can always bus to MK and then walk or monorail over to CR, or monorail or boat over to Poly or GF.

If there are no taxis at the front of POR, you can ask a lobby CM to call one for you.

What I read was that prior to 10AM, a bus will stop at the main stop and then head straight to the park, not stopping at the other stops. And a second bus will hit the 3 remaining stops. After 10AM, the same bus stops at all 4 stops. I will try to find this info.

OP: make sure not to confuse the multiple POR bus stops with the single bus stop at POFQ. When we got on a bus at POFQ, it "usually" went on to POR and made all the stops there picking up POR guests to go to parks. It may be that at certain times a bus could get packed at POFQ and skip POR en route to a park, but I never encountered that.

I've never read that any of the bus stops within POR ever were skipped when a bus comes to the first bus stop at POR.

What I read was that prior to 10AM, a bus will stop at the main stop and then head straight to the park, not stopping at the other stops. And a second bus will hit the 3 remaining stops. After 10AM, the same bus stops at all 4 stops. I will try to find this info.

That will occur based on busy times of the year. There are multiple buses running before 10:00 am; one will go to the south depot and the other will make all three stops.

It doesn't mean that you cannot go to one stop over another; you are definitely reading more into it than it really is.

Here it is (its the last paragraph under Port Orleans Riverside Bus Stops. Am I reading it wrong???

http://portorleans.org/buses.php

That is certainly different than anything I've ever known about POR. However, that is an excellent source.

However, the way I read this is that the South Depot apparently has the most traffic, so it's more likely to fill up quickly, making it necessary to go ahead and take those people to the park. But there are still other buses that come to the other depots at that time, just servicing those other stops separately. You'd still catch a bus at one of the other stops, but probably a different one than the one that stopped at the South Depot.

After 10:30 all buses go to all stops.

Ok. Thank you. I guess I'm just thinking that the buses get fuller than they acutally do. We were just trying to cut down on the chance of standing room only...my 4 year old would not do well standing on a crowded bus.

That will occur based on busy times of the year. There are multiple buses running before 10:00 am; one will go to the south depot and the other will make all three stops.

It doesn't mean that you cannot go to one stop over another; you are definitely reading more into it than it really is.

Sorry, I keep posting right after you, pretty much saying exactly what you said, but not as succinctly. :blush:

Here it is (its the last paragraph under Port Orleans Riverside Bus Stops. Am I reading it wrong???

http://portorleans.org/buses.php
Interesting.
Any way....I have stayed in varied areas of POR. I usually just head to the main stop, outside the food court. We normally grabbed a bite to eat and then headed out to a park. Didn't much matter what time of day it was.

The other thing??? That site says that buses start running 60 mins prior to park opening. Wrong. They start running every single day by 6:30am. They don't run as frequently though...so plan accordingly.
I use these early morning buses to get to early ADRs. To get to an early ADR at the CR? Bus to MK, walk to CR via the sidewalk...walk takes less than 10 mins. ADR at either GF or Polynesian? Bus to MK then boat (if running) or monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter