POR...Boardwalk or Beachclub??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Alaskadisnerd, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Alaskadisnerd

Alaskadisnerd Earning My Ears

If you could choose one of those where would you stay and why? Doing a split stay in May...AKL for the last part. Currently booked at POR but got a offer for the others that are affordable. Two of us no kids. Looking for parks in the am and pool lounging!

2. kimieko

kimieko Mouseketeer

With 2 adults and no kids I would go with the Boardwalk for the convince of Epcot and World Showcase! DH and I will be there in 30 days!

Edit: but I won’t be sitting by the creepy *** clown pool! :joker:

cluvsdisney likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I would choose BC for nicer pool. Love the lazy river.

Shellyb84 and Tigerlulu like this.
  5. Disney Mom 7272

Disney Mom 7272 Mouseketeer

I would choose Boardwalk

cluvsdisney likes this.
  6. melissapealo

melissapealo Mouseketeer

I would choose BC for the pool as well. I don't think any other pools even compare to stormalong bay. Any chance of YC though? While BC/YC are similar, the atmosphere at YC is more couples where BC is more families.

ETA: You can also walk to Epcot from BC/YC or BWI. You can either walk or take a boat to DHS from any of them as well, which makes the boardwalk resorts very convenient for mid-day breaks.

Shellyb84 likes this.
  7. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

I would pick whichever is cheapest! They are both great resorts. The BC pool can get a little crowded though. I really like the set-up at the BWI pool. The pool bar is inside the pool gates so it's a bit more convenient, IMHO. I also love the nightlife at BWI.

8. Shellyb84

Shellyb84 DIS Veteran

BC. It's my favorite resort and the pool is amazing. You can walk to Epcot and HS.

9. bigeyedfish

bigeyedfish Earning My Ears

We are doing 5 nights at POR Pool View and then 2 nights at AKL in March! I decided that we probably wouldn't have time to enjoy the Resort amenities for the first part of our trip so my practical side won out!

10. NH-to-FL

NH-to-FL DIS Veteran

DW and I love the Boardwalk. We have stayed there many times. We love the theming and being able to stroll the Boardwalk in the evening. We are not interested in the pool so Stormalong Bay had no attraction for us. The Boardwalk has a nice quiet pool if lounging by the pool is what you are looking for. If you are looking for what is probably the best pool on property you can't go wrong with the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay.

cluvsdisney likes this.
  11. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

We're big Boardwalk fans and it's our home resort so I would always pick it.

12. Belleofthehouse

Belleofthehouse Mouseketeer

Boardwalk! Close proximity to Epcot is fantastic. Bc pool is crazy busy, so unless you are looking for that environment I'd go Boardwalk

13. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

BC hands down, Stormalong bay pool is fantastic, unlike the previous poster, in all my times staying there I have never been there when I would call it crazy busy, and I was just there in September/October when it was very hot (95+) and humid. The more shallow kids area was a bit more crowded, but the lazy river, slide, and deeper areas were great. My husband had a work conference after I left and moved from the YC to POR, and although he loved how serene the resort was (it is his favorite moderate) he did notice that the room he was in was in need of a refurb, especially as compared to the brand new YC room he just left.

The Boardwalk is also really nice though, and has a great location, I just don't personally prefer how it is laid out, nor the pool and dining options on that side of the lake when compared to Y&B.

Shellyb84 likes this.
  14. Monorail_Man_NJ

Monorail_Man_NJ Mouseketeer

Looks similar to my split stay. I chose BWI

15. prazer

prazer The Mickster

I say boardwalk...much more ambience, short walk to epcot, great leisurely nighttime vibe.