POR...Boardwalk or Beachclub??

Alaskadisnerd

Earning My Ears
If you could choose one of those where would you stay and why? Doing a split stay in May...AKL for the last part. Currently booked at POR but got a offer for the others that are affordable. Two of us no kids. Looking for parks in the am and pool lounging!

With 2 adults and no kids I would go with the Boardwalk for the convince of Epcot and World Showcase! DH and I will be there in 30 days!

Edit: but I won’t be sitting by the creepy *** clown pool! :joker:

I would choose BC for the pool as well. I don't think any other pools even compare to stormalong bay. Any chance of YC though? While BC/YC are similar, the atmosphere at YC is more couples where BC is more families.

ETA: You can also walk to Epcot from BC/YC or BWI. You can either walk or take a boat to DHS from any of them as well, which makes the boardwalk resorts very convenient for mid-day breaks.

I would pick whichever is cheapest! They are both great resorts. The BC pool can get a little crowded though. I really like the set-up at the BWI pool. The pool bar is inside the pool gates so it's a bit more convenient, IMHO. I also love the nightlife at BWI.

BC. It's my favorite resort and the pool is amazing. You can walk to Epcot and HS.

We are doing 5 nights at POR Pool View and then 2 nights at AKL in March! I decided that we probably wouldn't have time to enjoy the Resort amenities for the first part of our trip so my practical side won out!

DW and I love the Boardwalk. We have stayed there many times. We love the theming and being able to stroll the Boardwalk in the evening. We are not interested in the pool so Stormalong Bay had no attraction for us. The Boardwalk has a nice quiet pool if lounging by the pool is what you are looking for. If you are looking for what is probably the best pool on property you can't go wrong with the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay.

Boardwalk! Close proximity to Epcot is fantastic. Bc pool is crazy busy, so unless you are looking for that environment I'd go Boardwalk

BC hands down, Stormalong bay pool is fantastic, unlike the previous poster, in all my times staying there I have never been there when I would call it crazy busy, and I was just there in September/October when it was very hot (95+) and humid. The more shallow kids area was a bit more crowded, but the lazy river, slide, and deeper areas were great. My husband had a work conference after I left and moved from the YC to POR, and although he loved how serene the resort was (it is his favorite moderate) he did notice that the room he was in was in need of a refurb, especially as compared to the brand new YC room he just left.

The Boardwalk is also really nice though, and has a great location, I just don't personally prefer how it is laid out, nor the pool and dining options on that side of the lake when compared to Y&B.

I say boardwalk...much more ambience, short walk to epcot, great leisurely nighttime vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter