POR...AB or Mansions???????? or perhaps WL?

Cindie-rella

...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.
We're starting our WDW adventure next April 24th thru May 4th of 2005.:Pinkbounc We're staying at POR. It is just my DH (it's his 1st time to WDW) and I (early 40's) celebrating our 25th Anniversary. I'm a bit confused whether to request a mansion or the AB rooms. We're getting a King bed with no particular view. I've seen a few pics of each which it is really hard to tell from just a picture. We do like a rustic/cozy/cottage atmosphere with lots of landscape and trees and shade(esp my Dh, he's the hunter/outdoorsy type of guy). But we do also like victorian type settings. If anyone knows any sites with alot of pictures of this resort & rooms or if anyone has any suggestions it would be great! (btw, this is a complete surprise for my DH, I will give the paid off trip to him as a Christmas gift this year, everything wrapped up inside a new piece of luggage! ;) ) So I just want to make sure I pick the right place to stay. I would have liked to stay at WL b/c I think DH would like it there, however, since I am trying to pay this trip off secretly by myself I need to stay at the moderates. Besides, I do like the pics I've seen of WL however, I'd rather the idea of entering our room from the outside rather than a big hallway inside. Just my preferance. I guess we can always upgrade to WL (if its worth the extra $$$)after I give him the surprise, let him decide. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

There is a post just before your's on the dis boards....WDWBETSY with TONS of great POR pics...mansions. We stayed there Sept 15, 2001 and absolutely fell in love with it....her pics are very indicative of what it really looks like...I prefer the mansions, but others like the AB better...can't go wrong with either one!!
:hyper:

I'm a big Mansions fan myself, but based on your description of yourself and husband I think Alligator Bayou would be the better choice for you. It has a very homey feel and tons of shade. Mansions section has a lot more formal feeling with beautiful landscaping but less shade. Of course, strolling around the resort to see all the theming/landscaping is one of the best things about POR so I'm sure you'll see all of it and POFQ no matter which section you stay in.

I have visited WL, but not stayed there. I enjoyed walking around, but for some reason it had more of an impersonal vibe to it and I wasn't really attracted to stay there. I find POR very romantic and it has a marina, sit down restaurant and lounge with piano entertainment even though it's a moderate. Also a very nice main pool with pool bar.

Congratulations on your anniversary. You must have been a child bride!

It does seem like you and hubby would be more comfortable in AB. :D POR is very romantic, you'll have a great time! Congrats!!:earsboy:

Definitely, AB. It is a shadier area and much closer to main pool, food court, and lobby.

WE prefer the AB section. Closer to the pool, food court and main area of the resort. Room size in the mansions and AB is the same, basically. Each room typically has two double beds, table, 2 chairs and Armoire with TV.. Bathroom has two sinks and the toilet and shower separate from the sinks. What changes inside is simply the decore. In the AB the beds are more like log beds etc...much more rustic. Sounds like this might be a better fit for you. We enjoy the atmosphere. Both are nice, though.

Riverside gets my vote. We got back yesterday. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter