Popeye & Blutos bilge rat barges, do not skip.

I felt I really needed to leave a review of this ride. Of course Hagrids and Velocicoaster are amazing rides but this ride should not be skipped. I had never ridden this ride( either it was down for refurbishment or we just skipped it). This is not the slow boring rapid ride with no theming I am used to. You will get drenched and this ride moves. There was hardly ever a line. My family and I never laughed so hard. Such a fun ride.

We love this ride too, but will only do the "wet" rides right in a row and bring new clothes.

I hate being wet in regular clothes, so I bring a full set of dry clothes to change into after we hit the 3 wet rides.

I have seen some men in their whitety-tighties standing in those body dryers. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

Yeah this is one of my favorites - was also glad to see that the kids play area is open again - I can spend hours using the free squirt guns they have there to squirt people on the ride

We love this ride. We always do the three water rides during afternoon visits in our swim suits, then we just walk straight back to the resort pool!

Love the swimsuit idea and going back to the pool. I’m back home now and that is one ride I am definitely missing lol

I wanted to do the water rides, then return to hotel and dry off, but wasn't up to that level of commitment on our first trip in June. Going again in a couple of weeks, this time with 2 of the kids, and we may try it. It really sounds fun!

All of their water rides are great really. Ripsaw Falls isn't as well themed/decorated as Splash Mountain but it moves at a quicker pace and the hill with the big drop is so fun. It's one of my favorite log flumes period. I think the overall excitement of it is better than Splash Mountain, the latter just beats it out in theming.

Several of our party did Ripsaw Falls and Bluto’s. Predictably, they got super wet, but the water was kind of smelly. Not sure what’s in the water, but it didn’t smell like regular water, and we ended up doing laundry that night because the clothes just smelled really funky after riding. Anyone else find this?

You will get drenched and this ride moves. There was hardly ever a line
”drenched” doesn’t quite do the ride justice :rotfl:. It’s akin to falling into a pool fully clothed, complete with shoes
There was hardly ever a line.
rarely is, see above. It’s good, clean fun:duck:

Easy way to convince my kids/GD I’m awesome, being the only adult they know who will give it a whirl (at the end the day). One thing I do hate about it tho is that soggy walk of shame out of park:rolleyes1

agree. we did this after dudley do right's rip saw falls and between the two were soaked for a while. it was stormy later on and the rides were closed. it's good that we didn't put it off as was the plan. didn't get to repeat those but still did the jurassic park one twice

We love this ride so much!!! My family likes to get up and do all the water rides in the morning and then go back to our resort and enjoy the pool. We will shower and head back to the parks in the evening. It's always one of my favorite days at Universal.

I've been dead unlucky with this ride as on both my previous visits its been closed for refurb, hoping for 3rd time lucky next year.

I've ridden River Adventure many times and its a real hit and miss as to how wet you get, but if its a warm evening ride it when the sun has gone down, its gorgeous under the night sky!

We road River Adventure and got wet enough not to be completely uncomfortable, but still fun. The other water rides look awesome, but watching the total soaking kept us away. Maybe I'll bring some cheapy rain ponchos next time and we'll hit each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter