Pop Warner--At Pop Century, too?

lpbm4

Mouseketeer
I know the Pop Warner groups stay at the All Star resorts in December. I'm in search of a 1 night stay somewhere cheaper b/c we're coming in 1 day earlier than expected. Does anyone know if they stay at the Pop Century Resort as well or just the All Stars?? I was hoping to do All Stars Movies, but won't go with Pop Warner. Pop Century seems to be a nice value resort that everyone likes so I thought we'd try here too. (I've looked at wdw.com and we'd be able to book 1 night here.) Any info would be great! Thanks!! :sunny:

We will also be at WDW the first week of December staying at the Wilderness lodge. I've read a lot about the pop warner kids on these boards and it seems they stay at the value resorts and POR. One night at the same resort with them might not be so bad?

Yes, I was thinking that maybe we could deal with it for 1 night. Thanks!! Looks like we'll be there together too! ;)

I think they stay at all the values and the overflow end up at the mods. My own daughter had cheerleading competitions that were held at Disney's Wide World of Sports a few years ago. It wasn't pop warner, but the same idea. We were at Sports, but some of the high schools ended up at POR and CBR.

I stayed at PC in December 2004. The Pop Warner kids were definitely there. I specifically chose PC since I had read in multiple places that PC was not equipped for large groups and that the Pop Warner kids would be at the All Stars only. That turned out to be untrue. For one night, it shouldn't be a problem, but if you want to avoid the Pop Warner kids, stay at CSR or a deluxe. Pop Warner has yet to announce what resorts are available this year, but in years past they have been at CBR, POR, and POFQ as well as the value resorts.

I was at Pop this past year and I did not see the dreaded cheerleaders at the resort. There were several of the football teams there and the boys seemed to be well behaved. Sometimes they would be on the buses back to the resort at end of day. They would give up their seats for older people and also for moms with little ones. Now don't get me started about the cheerleaders - most self absorbed whiny group of kids. If I heard another start a cheer when I was enjoying the "magic & music" of WDW, I was going to scream. One of my friends told a group of girls "Listen I came hear to see and hear music at WDW not to hear you cheer for a team I don't care about."

When we stayed at Pop last September we had a group of 14. We were not allowed to book more than 3 rooms because groups are not suppose to stay at Pop. 5 of us ended up on points at OKW, so it wasn't a problem. Unless they have changed the rules, it is very unlikely that there will be Pop Warner kids or any other large groups at Pop. I spent a lot of time on the phone with CM's about this when we made our ressies last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter