Pop to Chef Mickey to MK? How do I do it?

bas71873

DIS Veteran
My guess is bus to MK then Monorail to Contemporary for ADR and then monorail back to MK? Anything easier (will not have a car).

That's the easiest. There is a walkway from MK to Contemporary if you don't want to wait for the monorail. Actually where the buses drop you off it is just as easy to walk to the Contemporary as it is to walk over and up to the monorail.

Take the bus to MK, get off the bus, walk towards the MK entrance. Rather than go with the crowd and head left when you get to where the monorail runs overhead, you want to go right, with the bus driveway on your immediate right and the park on your left. This sidewalk will take you to the CR...about 8 min walk. Or, you can take the monorail if you prefer...get off the bus, follow the crowd to the left, but keep going straight when they all go right into the park..if you go straight you will go up the ramp to the monorail platform. It may take a bit for the next car to come, so it may not be as quick as walking.
Then, after you eat, walk back to the MK..the monorail from the CR to MK will take you about 20+ mins.

Using one of those Internet map/aerial photo services, I measured the walking distance from the MK bus drop-off area to the monorail station and to the Contemporary front entrance; I even measured the exact walking paths rather than just measuring straight lines. Contemporary was less of a walk, by a substantial amount.

If you want to ride the monorail to Contemporary (part of the station is above the glass ceiling of Chef Mickey's, so you can see inside part of the restaurant!), let me at least suggest to walk back. The monorail ride back to MK could take 20 minutes, as you have to go around the whole loop. On the other hand, you could look at the monorail loop as an interesting ride in and of itself.

But now you have the info to decide!

We took the bus to MK but told the driver we had an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and he dropped the other folks off first at MK and then drove us to the Contemporary. We just walked back to MK after breakfast.

We took the bus to MK but told the driver we had an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and he dropped the other folks off first at MK and then drove us to the Contemporary.
Don't forget that sometimes the bus drivers can't do that or they just don't want to, so in your situation you were lucky that the bus driver did that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter