POP Room question

Having stayed at POP the past 3 trips and heading back again this month - for me..nope. We have never paid the extra for a preferred and still do not feel a need to do so. A lot of the preferred rooms face the pools, which can be lively at all hours. We have stayed in non-preferred rooms and the only difference is a 1-2 minute walk. :)

We did preferred once at Allstar Movies and thought it was not worth it.

We've been to Pop several times and never had issues with the walking. We had 50s 70s and 80s, the 80s & 90s seem real far but a quick dart across the parking lot and you're at the bus.

To me all the preferred rooms seem to be in the noisy areas.

I think the best room I ever had was in the back of the 70s building on the second floor. It had a gorgeous view of the pond.

A preferred room will be closer to a pool or the foodcourt, which means less walking. But it can also mean more noise. You can look at a map of Pop and see where you think you'd like stay and put in a request. Ask if its a preferred room. Then you can decide if its worth it. For me personally, its not worth the extra money. But you WILL arrive back at your resort exhausted after a day in the parks, so thats something to consider.

If we switch to standard we can stay an extra day for the same price. Sounds like that is the way to go for us! A few extra minutes of walking isn't a big deal for us since our kids are older. Thanks
everyone!!

We stayed at Pop in Sept and didnt have a preferred room, it was actually pretty far, but it was super quiet, and I dont think their were more than 5 times the whole trip I actually heard someone go by our room. This upcoming trip were staying at Pop again, this time preferred, just to be closer to the pools and foodcourt. Last time was not bad at all, we just really liked the 60s building and would like to stay there this time around. We dont mind noise, as we make plenty of our own!!:dance3:

Twice I have been given freee upgrades to preferred rooms, last August at Pop and December at Sports. I will say in August (hot!) it was very nice to be close to the main building bus and especially food court for cold drinks. Would I pay for it??? Doubtful....

Personally I won't pay the extra money - but that depends on you.

If you are the type of person that circles and circles the parking lot at the mall or Walmart to find the parking spot closes to the front door - then preferred is for you. But you are the one that takes practically the first spot you come to and don't mind the small walk then a standard will be fine.

If we switch to standard we can stay an extra day for the same price. Sounds like that is the way to go for us! A few extra minutes of walking isn't a big deal for us since our kids are older. Thanks
everyone!!

My thoughts exactly. We were going to do 9 nights/10 days in preferred but it was cheaper to add the extra night and go standard, even adding an extra park day ticket. I don't really want to possibly deal with noise from the pools in a preferred room if I am trying to convince my kids to go to sleep. They get a bit cranky without enough of it. My kids will be 14, 11 and 8 so they will be fine walking. The only one I may be a bit concerned about is my mom. She said she may stay back at the room sometimes though if it gets too much for her.

Having stayed at POP the past 3 trips and heading back again this month - for me..nope. We have never paid the extra for a preferred and still do not feel a need to do so. A lot of the preferred rooms face the pools, which can be lively at all hours. We have stayed in non-preferred rooms and the only difference is a 1-2 minute walk. :)
Same here. I put in a request for 60's or 50's lakeview even 70's I would be good with. We go in September so it isn't overly busy. Pop is compact for the number of rooms it has.

I personally would never pay extra for a preferred room unless I was travelling with a lot of kids, an elderly person, or a disabled person. After eating all that food at Disney, the extra walking is good for me! I don't mind walking the few extra steps as long as I'm able to. And as a PP mentioned, there's a chance a preferred room could be in a high traffic area. I much prefer to be tucked in a quiet back corner. Just my opinion and everyone is different on this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter