Pop or All-Star Sports?

lemonpan

Mouseketeer
After reading through threads, I still have a resort question! :-)

I'm planning on one night in a value before my hubs and I move to the Grand Floridian for a long weekend. (We'll be there May 16, if that matters.)

Last Nov, my mom and I went for a mother-daughter trip and stayed in the Little Mermaid room at AoA. We loved it!

I'm looking for a similar experience: clean, quiet rooms. Nothing more than that.

Any suggestions? Or are these two resorts very similar?

I have stayed at either but I bet you a billion dole whips that nearly everyone will tell you POP is better!

After reading through threads, I still have a resort question! :-)

I'm planning on one night in a value before my hubs and I move to the Grand Floridian for a long weekend. (We'll be there May 16, if that matters.)

Last Nov, my mom and I went for a mother-daughter trip and stayed in the Little Mermaid room at AoA. We loved it!

I'm looking for a similar experience: clean, quiet rooms. Nothing more than that.

Any suggestions? Or are these two resorts very similar?

We've stayed at both, and liked both, but would choose POP. They both have the same amenities and we found them to be equally as clean, etc....but POP doz have its own buses which is a plus, and we liked the food court at POP more as well. Good luck deciding! :goodvibes

All Star Sports! I am probably the only one who will tell you this! I have stayed at Pop and 2 of the All Stars and I prefer the All Stars. I think they have great theming, they aren't as big as Pop (in my opinion).

I will be at ASMu in March and am paying $10 less a night!

I have not stayed at All Star Resorts, but my family and I have stayed at Pop many times and absolutely love it! Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice food. A wonderful, wonderful resort! :goodvibes

All Star Sports! I am probably the only one who will tell you this! I have stayed at Pop and 2 of the All Stars and I prefer the All Stars. I think they have great theming, they aren't as big as Pop (in my opinion).

I will be at ASMu in March and am paying $10 less a night!

For my dates, it's cheaper too! :-) And I love saving where I can!

We prefer POP!! It has a better arcade and gift shop IMO and the food court is great too!

They are total different. One big thing is that POP has its own Bus service. All Star's have the buses going to all three resorts. The themes is more retro. I think it is better for adults. I enjoy it. I go here all the time.

They are total different. One big thing is that POP has its own Bus service. All Star's have the buses going to all three resorts.

They only share at non-peak times. During three different 8-Night stays at All Star Sports, I think we were on a shared bus a total of 5 times. All of those were in the middle of the day and the bus was practically empty.

I like the fact that if we're waiting for the bus back to Sports and a bus for one of the other All Star's comes up, we will hop on it and then make the 5 minute walk over to Sports. :thumbsup2

You will be fine with either!

Pop has 1,000 more rooms so it can/will have more people and more noise. If you select Pop, when you check in ask for a top floor, lake view room. I've never had problems with noise w/ a lake view. Pool view is another matter.... Pop's food court has delicious grilled flatbreads.

_I_ prefer the All Stars as they are smaller and you do not have to wade though the retail gift shop to get to the food court. Once again, I request top floor not facing a pool and I've never had issues with noise in 20+ stays at value resorts.

I stayed at ASMu and Pop. We hated the All-Stars and wouldn't stay at any of them again on a dare. We booked at Pop and expected much the same experience as the All-Stars, but we actually loved it. It's our new go-to hotel. In fact, despite staying at the Poly last trip, we bus hopped from DTD to Pop to get into the parks and when we arrived there, I felt like I was at home. I love the smell of the lobby. :goodvibes

I've stayed at both AS-S and POP. I would never stay at AS-S again. Unfriendly service, mediocre food court and out-dated rooms. POP is awesome. I've stayed twice. The food was interesting and delicious. The decor was fun. The rooms were newer and clean. The CM's were also fun and very friendly and helpful.

For one night it really doesn't matter. The bus thing isn't a big deal. All Stars sometimes share buses but Pop has much longer lines waiting for the bus. About the only difference is Pops rack rate is $5 more and All Stars tax rate is slightly higher. Just flip a coin.

I've stayed both as well and prefer ASsp! Quieter, smaller, never had to wait for a table in food court, never had to stand on a bus.

Doesn't matter much for a one night stay. I would choose POP because I like the theming better, but I would bet sports will be quieter.

for 1 night, i'd do Sports for the smaller resort size and ease of getting in and out of there.

For one night it really doesn't matter. The bus thing isn't a big deal. All Stars sometimes share buses but Pop has much longer lines waiting for the bus. About the only difference is Pops rack rate is $5 more and All Stars tax rate is slightly higher. Just flip a coin.

I learn so much! I'd never (ever!) guess that the tax rate would differ by resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter