• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop or all star movies?

v0mich01

Mouseketeer
We had planned to go from 12/11-12/18, but, we had a little hiccup in the form of a surprise pregnancy. We are over joyed, but we are adjusting our trip a little. Some to save money, some because I'll be 23 weeks pregnant.

So we are shortening our trip to 12/11-12/15. It'll be me, dh, and our almost 3 year old. We are currently booked in a preferred room at all star movies, but pop has become available, and we're debating switching.

I like pop bc of the potential for queen beds, no shared busses, and walking over to art of animation seems fun.

I like movies bc our two year old know a few Disney movies, two of which are toy story and 101 dalmatians. But he also doesn't know that it exists, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal if there isn't a giant Woody at our hotel.

Within pop, are there certain buildings that have been completely renovated that we could request?

get Pop! they might or might not have renovated preferred rooms, but is you request the 80's building 9 you will be close to the buses and the main building. The new room is so good and the beds are the best part of it

Pop for sure! It's currently being refurbished and you can request (although request is not guaranteed) a refurbished room with 2 Queen beds and tons of storage. Pop has been my favourite resort for years and we have stayed there 20+ times!! Another visit to Pop booked in a little over 4 months.

Pop is my go-to resort now.

The refurb rooms are amazing! But the downside is that currently none of the preferred rooms have been refurbed (not sure if they would be done in time for your trip). So as of this moment, the refurbed rooms are all standard rooms, which are further away from the main building, although building 9 is fairly close to the bus stop especially if you cut across the parking lot.

The bus situation at Pop is really good too, I've never (in 3 stays) had an issue with the buses at Pop. The longest I've ever waited (besides at park close) was probably around 15-20 minutes at Disney Springs, and this was an anomaly.

Pop is my go-to resort now.

The refurb rooms are amazing! But the downside is that currently none of the preferred rooms have been refurbed (not sure if they would be done in time for your trip). So as of this moment, the refurbed rooms are all standard rooms, which are further away from the main building, although building 9 is fairly close to the bus stop especially if you cut across the parking lot.

The bus situation at Pop is really good too, I've never (in 3 stays) had an issue with the buses at Pop. The longest I've ever waited (besides at park close) was probably around 15-20 minutes at Disney Springs, and this was an anomaly.

We're not planning on doing a preferred room right now, comfort sleeping is more or a priority.

I think we're going to go with pop. Both dh and I are 90s kids, so it seems like that'd be the best place for us. Are all the 90s rooms updated?

I have stayed at POP pre-refurb and ASMu but not ASMo. I much preferred POP!! It felt nicer and less worn that ASMu. I thought the lobby, cafeteria, and gift shop at POP were bigger and had more variety. I also liked that POP has dedicated busses (although we only shared twice at ASMu around closing or opening) and that you could walk to AoA. I will say I thought the rooms pre refurb were about the same. Let me know if you have any questions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter