pop century ??

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
Is is worth it to get the preferred room? We have never stayed at a value resort and realize that it is not the best, but this is a budget trip. How far away are the non preferred rooms? Also, can we request a floor? Which floor? I think 1st, but maybe I am not thinking about something. Do they have rooms that walk right out to the pool?

I personally would not pay the extra for a "preferred room". These rooms are all the ones in the 60s section and are the closest to the Main Pool, Food Court, and Guest Services. However, the other areas are really close as well. I think our room in the 50s building may have been closer than some of the preferred rooms. You can request certain sections, buildings, and floors, but keep in mind that it's a request and not a guarantee. Check out the thread that Tyler (he works at Pop Century) started all about the resort to get a better idea of how the resort is laid out, and to get the number to call to make your room request.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=475933

At the Pop I would not pay extra for a "preferred room" It puts you close to the pool and YES, the 1st floor rooms facing the pool are just yards from the pool itself.

POP is not too spread out. The walk to the other bldgs is not bad enough to pay extra for preferred. I paid standard and stayed in the 70s. The walk was quick and easy to both the Classic Hall and the Bus stops, and a quick walk cutting through the 60s bldg to the pool.

Definately no need to pay for preferred room at Pop.

Yes, some of the preferred rooms look at the pool, but, you are not guaranteed to get one of those rooms when you pay the extra money..you can request a pool view, but no guarantee.

All the buildings at Pop are close to the main things..so if you are going on a budget trip..save the $10 per night.

Just remember- 1st floor tends to be a little noisy- especially near the pool. You will hear kids running by your rooms at all hours of the night. We have been bothered by adults walking past at late hours talking or yelling with loud voises. I think people just forget there are people sleeping so close by.

We're at Pop right now actually and LOVING IT!!! We're in the 50's section and close to everything. We had a preferred room reservation but cancelled it due to budget and I'm glad we did. 60's does look cool and is super close, but 50's and 70's are really close too, only like a 2-3 minute walk to food and transportation. I wouldn' want to stay in the 80's or 90's, the icon's and stuff are really cool over there but it is a hike to everything. When we checked in early we asked for 50's or 70's and they did it no problem. Have fun, it is an AWESOME resort, we will be back!
Lesley

I wouldn't waste the extra money for a preffered at the values, if the preffered means close to the pool, then that's not really a good thing, when I've been, the pool area is always noisy and crowded, unless you are going in a non swimming season. We have always stayed at the values and never requested a specific room area, and weve never been too far away from anything.
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter