POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i forgot to put in that i have to be at mco 4 hours before 7pm as i have an international flight but hey im on vacation
Breakfast no problem, but what time is your lunch? I hope not after 12 noon. You might be cutting a little close. I'm assuming you will be dining for about an hour and a half max. So you should be done about 1:30. I'm assuming that all your bags are all packed up. You will probably get back to your resort at 2:15 or 2:30. You just wait for DME to pick you up. If you have your own transportation.. then even better!

lunch is at 11.50 i will go from boma to magic kingdom to do last minute stuff then go to tony's for lunch and then straight back to the pop and yes i will be packed but im going solo so that should help too

There used to be pictures of the everything pop grab n go area and I can't find it anywhere?? Does anybody have a link? I am looking for prices to be able to plan how much I will need to bring extra since i can't find those prices anywhere and I know I saw a pix someone took a while ago with prices visible. Thanks for any help!

Josh's recent easywdw report at Pop Century has a pretty detailed set of photos of the food area.

Hi everyone! I have a few questions...
What are the differences between All Star Sports and Pop? Besides the refurb? We've changed our plans for October a lot of times and we're now debating on our normal resort which is All Stars and thinking of going to Pop. It's maybe 25$ more for the whole week we're going so it's not that big of a difference price wise and it could be a new experience.

Also:

Where is the bus location for Pop in the Epcot bus terminals?
Which is the best building to request wanting to be near the main hall and the buses?

Ultimately the rooms at All Stars and Pop are identical in size, amenities, etc. You're right that the room rate pricing for Pop is a little higher, but not so great that it is not worth the cost. I like Pop over All Stars due to its position in the WDW property -- I find it to be more central. In particular it is closer to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I like the larger Everything Pop! food court and Classic Hall. To me it seems like the got the basics down for values resorts with All Stars, then they refined the idea with Pop Century.

At Epcot, Pop is at stop #15, which admittedly is one of the furthest away. Art of Animation is next to it at stop #14.

For building requests, you have your different building fans but I like to recommend building 1 in the 50's. It is close to the main hall. It is a little further to the buses, however, with building 1 you can take a short cut around luggage services vs. heading through the main hall to get to the bus area. In general you can't go wrong with buildings at Pop because it is relatively compact. The only building I really did not care for was building 8 in the 90's section -- a little too far by comparison.

I am staying at the pop century in less than 2 weeks and I did as well last year.
We have QSP and I'm wondering if I could get a milkshake/icecream as a desert from the special shoppe. I am wondering because unlike the other shoppes for different food, you pay at the actual mini-shoppe instead of at the big registers.
Thanks if you can help.

Yes, you can use your dining plan credits at the ice cream counter.

i read a few posts on this thread about bringing an air mattress in a king room, but no one quite mentioned how well it will fit. i am wondering if someone has actually been able to fit a full (double) size air mattress in a king room before? i assume the roll away is only a twin. i ask because my cousin might be joining us for 1 or 2 nights, and we don't want to get a room with double beds just for that (our total trip is 7 nights). we love having a king bed! i already know about the extra cost for the additional adult in the room, so that is not a problem. i'd just rather her bring her air mattress instead of having to pay for a roll away (which usually aren't the most comfortable).

also, she will be able to ride the disney transportation with us right? and if we add her for just 1 or 2 nights, will that be a problem for our free f&d promotion? she won't need park tickets since she is a florida resident, and she won't need the dining plan either. thoughts anyone???
:thanks:

lunch is at 11.50 i will go from boma to magic kingdom to do last minute stuff then go to tony's for lunch and then straight back to the pop and yes i will be packed but im going solo so that should help too
As long as you're dong by 1:30 or 2pm at MK just to give you enough time to get you back to your resort and enough time for DME to take you to the airport and get at MCO by 4.

Ok everyone please tell me it will be ok. Everyone is excited to be staying at CSR except me. I thought I would be but I need to face it I'm just not. We leave in a little over 30 days and I feel ugh. I should be super excited as we upgrade but I'm not. I also feel a little restricted as we usually do the QSDP and this time we are on the RDP. I'm sure I will have a wonderful time but right now I'm just not feeling it. We also gave up the WP option to stay there which i'm a little :sad: about. I feel like once I get to CSR I'm going to be wanting to :moped: out of there and head to pop. I have stayed there before and it is beautiful so I'm not sure what my issue is.

Ok everyone please tell me it will be ok. Everyone is excited to be staying at CSR except me. I thought I would be but I need to face it I'm just not. We leave in a little over 30 days and I feel ugh. I should be super excited as we upgrade but I'm not. I also feel a little restricted as we usually do the QSDP and this time we are on the RDP. I'm sure I will have a wonderful time but right now I'm just not feeling it. We also gave up the WP option to stay there which i'm a little :sad: about. I feel like once I get to CSR I'm going to be wanting to :moped: out of there and head to pop. I have stayed there before and it is beautiful so I'm not sure what my issue is.

I was wondering how long it would be before you switched resorts again.:) It'll cost you the change fee to switch now. You should have stuck with POR when you had that but you'll be fine at CSR. Don't worry.

i read a few posts on this thread about bringing an air mattress in a king room, but no one quite mentioned how well it will fit. i am wondering if someone has actually been able to fit a full (double) size air mattress in a king room before? i assume the roll away is only a twin. i ask because my cousin might be joining us for 1 or 2 nights, and we don't want to get a room with double beds just for that (our total trip is 7 nights). we love having a king bed! i already know about the extra cost for the additional adult in the room, so that is not a problem. i'd just rather her bring her air mattress instead of having to pay for a roll away (which usually aren't the most comfortable).

also, she will be able to ride the disney transportation with us right? and if we add her for just 1 or 2 nights, will that be a problem for our free f&d promotion? she won't need park tickets since she is a florida resident, and she won't need the dining plan either. thoughts anyone???

A double air mattress should fit, but it will be really tight. I'm thinking perhaps if you move the table to the wall that the bed is on, you could put the mattress under the window. It might fit next to the bed too, but the door comes in on that diagonal so that's why Im thinking where the table is has more room.

I'm not sure if you can add her to room only. I thought that everyone under one room had to be on the dining plan - if one person is, everyone is type of thing. I'm sure someone will have that answer though!

It will be better than okay! Isn't being at a Disney resort of any kind better than being anywhere else? On giving up the WP option...actually not a bad thing as you can/should take advantage of the CSR feature pool? :goodvibes

I THINK that (unless she is under age 3), you cannot put three people in a King room. So, if you plan on having her stay with you, you will have to have double beds.
And all people listed on the reservation have to have the same package. There has been some talk about adding someone who shows up for just the room, but I'm pretty sure they won't let you do it in a King room. Sorry!

From post #1 in this thread:
King Bed Rooms accommodate up to 2 people, plus one portable crib for an infant (defined as a child under 3). This category has a total of 144 rooms; of which 63 are Handicap Accessible. All floors have regular and handicap accessible King rooms; however the 4th floor King rooms are only HC.

I was wondering how long it would be before you switched resorts again.:) It'll cost you the change fee to switch now. You should have stuck with POR when you had that but you'll be fine at CSR. Don't worry.

I knew you would slap some sense into me. LOL

It will be better than okay! Isn't being at a Disney resort of any kind better than being anywhere else? On giving up the WP option...actually not a bad thing as you can/should take advantage of the CSR feature pool? :goodvibes

That is the reason we gave up the wp in the first place. We have 3 pool days scheduled but other things going on those days like HDDR and DTD. So I'm sure I wont' be needing it. I think part of it is the humidy here is picking up. So I'm dreaming of the lazy river and someones stinky feet touching me.

A double air mattress should fit, but it will be really tight. I'm thinking perhaps if you move the table to the wall that the bed is on, you could put the mattress under the window. It might fit next to the bed too, but the door comes in on that diagonal so that's why Im thinking where the table is has more room.

I'm not sure if you can add her to room only. I thought that everyone under one room had to be on the dining plan - if one person is, everyone is type of thing. I'm sure someone will have that answer though!

thank you!!!

I THINK that (unless she is under age 3), you cannot put three people in a King room. So, if you plan on having her stay with you, you will have to have double beds.
And all people listed on the reservation have to have the same package. There has been some talk about adding someone who shows up for just the room, but I'm pretty sure they won't let you do it in a King room. Sorry!

From post #1 in this thread:

yeah, she is not under 3 :laughing: i read that the king rooms accommodate 2 adults, not that the room was restricted to 2 adults only. :confused3 i'm not trying to break any rules; :stir: i honestly thought you were allowed to have a 3rd person in the room, oops! :worried: i definitely don't want to sleep in a double bed. we have a queen at home, and it's tight! :crowded: and it would be a huge waste of money if she had to use the same plan as us. guess it's back to the drawing board! :scratchin

thanks for your help! :wave2:

As long as you're dong by 1:30 or 2pm at MK just to give you enough time to get you back to your resort and enough time for DME to take you to the airport and get at MCO by 4.

i should make im on a solo trip and i can eat fast but still enjoy

How will I be able to use my meal plan for the desert there? (at the icecream shop) If I get the rest of my meal in the other section, I won't be able to leave and get my desert there... I'm confused:confused3

I am staying at the pop century in less than 2 weeks and I did as well last year.
We have QSP and I'm wondering if I could get a milkshake/icecream as a desert from the special shoppe. I am wondering because unlike the other shoppes for different food, you pay at the actual mini-shoppe instead of at the big registers.
Thanks if you can help.

How will I be able to use my meal plan for the desert there? (at the icecream shop) If I get the rest of my meal in the other section, I won't be able to leave and get my desert there... I'm confused

You can purchase your quick service entree, and when checking out with your meal credits, tell the CM you plan to come back to the ice cream counter for your dessert(s) part of your meal credit. They will stamp/mark your receipt, and you have a certain amount of time (like an hour) to return to get your ice cream/shake/sundae. You show the CM at the ice cream counter your receipt and explain this is for your dessert part of your meal credit. This works out great so that your dessert isn't melting while you eat your meal.

You can purchase your quick service entree, and when checking out with your meal credits, tell the CM you plan to come back to the ice cream counter for your dessert(s) part of your meal credit. They will stamp/mark your receipt, and you have a certain amount of time (like an hour) to return to get your ice cream/shake/sundae. You show the CM at the ice cream counter your receipt and explain this is for your dessert part of your meal credit. This works out great so that your dessert isn't melting while you eat your meal.

Thank you for your help :)

Have my ressie's at POP, w/tickets & got the free QSDP. Do the "resort" rates ever go down after you've made the ressie. If so, do you just have to call ever so often and ck to see if they are lower or if they are running a special... Thanks...:):):)

Have my ressie's at POP, w/tickets & got the free QSDP. Do the "resort" rates ever go down after you've made the ressie. If so, do you just have to call ever so often and ck to see if they are lower or if they are running a special... Thanks...:):):)

They never go down.
If you see a sale for your dates [You'll see it here first], call and apply it.
If you suspect you might have a pin attached to your name, you can call and ask. [You might get an email or a postcard with a pin#...it could happen.]
Otherwise, no need to call, they won't lower the prices. :)

They never go down.
If you see a sale for your dates [You'll see it here first], call and apply it.
If you suspect you might have a pin attached to your name, you can call and ask. [You might get an email or a postcard with a pin#...it could happen.]
Otherwise, no need to call, they won't lower the prices. :)

.....and if there is a deal, it's highly unlikely to be better than the value of free dining. I think last year the December room only discount was 15%. That's definitely not worth giving up free dining for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter