Pop Century to MK for early ADR??

Lucy6

Mouseketeer
I am sorry if this has been covered, but I tried to do a search and couldn't find a relevant thread. I made an 8:05 ADR at CP on our MK day, and have done this before with no transportation problems using the busses. This visit, we are staying at Pop for the first time, and the CM told me on the phone that we had better drive as we will not make it on time using the bus system. I seem to remember the busses starting more than an hour prior to park openings. Is this CM wrong?? We had not planned on driving to the parks, we have always had great experiences using the bus system. Anyone with experience getting to MK for an early ADR from Pop???:confused3

Disney Dining, while terrific at ADRs is not so great with transportation advice. There are early morning buses, starting at about 6:15-6:30, leaving from all resorts, headed to the parks, for the express purpose of getting guests to early morning ADRs and tours. To get to a CM ADR, at 8:00, be out at the MK bus stop by 7:10...the buses do not come along as frequently as the regular park buses do, so if you miss one, you may have to wait awhile for the next one.

The previous poster is correct, we had this happen last year and had no problem getting to the park in time for our ADR at CP before park opened. Another suggestion we got was that if for some reason the buses don't seem to be coming, let the front desk know and they should be able to let transportation know to send one.

We have stayed at POP the past couple of years and have not had any problems with the buses, they come regularly and sometimes multiple buses at one time. I think we waited longer for buses at WL than we have at POP. The great thing about the POP buses is that they go direct to and from the parks and don't make any other stops.

Have a great trip!!

There shouldn't be any problem with making the 8:05am CP from POP, the buses will be running.

However, don't let transportation issues stress you out and cause a bad start to your magical day. If you're a little late because of the bus, ferry, monorail...CP will honor your ADR and seat you as soon as practical.

Enjoy, Steve

I have found for early morning ADRs nothing beats spending $20 on a taxi. Not only is it much quicker, but you get an extra 40 minutes of sleep. Which is well worth the $20, imho.:)

with a 8:05am ADR at MK.... what time do you recommend for catching the bus from Pop? With allowing a bit of time for pics before breakfast?

with a 8:05am ADR at MK.... what time do you recommend for catching the bus from Pop? With allowing a bit of time for pics before breakfast?

Convention wisdom is to allow an hour to get from point A to point B on Disney property, using Disney transportation. Add another 10 minutes or so for pics, and you are looking at getting to the bus stop at 6:55 am, at the latest.

think it would be better to just take drive ourselves? We will have our car, but didnt know if having to park it and all that would be more of a pain than to be dropped off?
6:55am is so early when your not a morning person lol. But I shall do what I have to do:laughing:

thank you;)

How about driving to the TTC to drop off the car, and then riding the monorail to the Contemporary. To me, that sounds like a fun way to start the day! I love riding the monorail!:banana:

Thanks for responses. I thought the bus system would work out ok, just wanted some reassurance. We really don't want to drive at all once we get to WDW, as we are driving about 18-20 hours to get there. I have a feeling we will not want to see the inside of our car until the day we have to leave to go back home...:scared1: The cab suggestion is also an interesting option,one I had not considered...:rolleyes1

We very easily took buses for our early morning ADRs (from Pop). Not a problem whatsoever. I'd rather spend $20 on fun souveniers than on a cab...

...The cab suggestion is also an interesting option,one I had not considered...:rolleyes1

Just remember that the cab will only be able to drop you as far as the TTC and you will have to also take either the monorail or ferry to get to the MK front gate. Add another 15 minutes or so for that.

Thanks again for all the responses. Great arguments for all sides, that's what I love about these boards. :worship: :worship: From all that has been said, I believe we will stay with our friends, the buses...they have never let us down before.:thumbsup2

When we were waiting in front of Pop very early one morning, a bus pulled up and asked us where we were headed. We told him we had a Segway tour booked at Epcot, and he took us over there. He didn't appear to be headed to any specific park when he pulled up, and was evidentally just making sure everybody got to their early ADRs on time!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter