Pop Century Resort Mousekeeping. Just unlucky ?

Qc-007

<font color=blue>Bonjour, Chantale, bienvenu au DI
We are currently at Pop Century resort after a delightful cruise on the Wish. Comments on our cruise coming shortly on the Disney cruise board.

We have stayed a numerous time at Pop Century resort since it’s opening. I’m still a bit disappointed that we don’t get Mousekeeping every day. But I guess we have to live with the ways most companies used the pandemic to impose changes and expect us to continue to buy. Whatever…we are staying here again, aren’t we ?

Last year, we stayed at PCR for about a week in May. Every (other…) day, we received the services of Mousekeeping.

A bit of history: In the last 25 years or so, we have stayed in at least 11 different Disney hotels in WDW. That’s a lot of nights. Unless i’m mistaken, our room was made most of the time in the morning, with the exception being early in the afternoon, a few times.

Every time last year and…today, our room is not made before 4pm. It’s really not convenient. We like to go back to our room to relax in the afternoon or get our lunch when we do a « pool day ».

We always leave our room early (before Mousekeeping begin to work), even on « pool day ». We keep our room clean and organized. We don’t ask for much. But we would like it earlier…:D

Are we just unlucky ? Luck of the draw ? Is it because they prioritize the rooms of people leaving ? Or, is it something that we should get used to ?

Last edited:
Have you mentioned your desire for an earlier room cleaning to the front desk? Room cleaning priority is always rooms where guests are leaving and need to be ready for incoming guests, not those continuing their stay.

It’s best to make your request either by visiting the front desk or calling Housekeeping. It can’t hurt to ask but it’s not a guarantee.

THIS^

At one stay at POP I told them that I needed to schedule the housekeeping/security checks because they were too disruptive to my DS (disabled). We worked on a window of time that they were able to come and they adhered to that.

Most hotels prioritize check-outs so new guests can get settled in but if you prefer earlier service just verbalize your request with the housekeeper telephone number and you should be fine.

Definitely let Housekeeping know that you would like early service. They always accommodated us -- before and after pandemic adjustments. If you're going to leave your room early, they would like to know so they can schedule accordingly. Check-outs are prioritized, but most people don't check-out before Housekeeping starts work. For a few years the head housekeeper was a woman named Ruth and she was terrific when I would call at the beginning of our stay and request early service to let kids nap in the afternoon.

This has been a common occurrence at a lot of WDW resorts. I read about POP, WL and AKL just in the last couple of weeks where people had to go to the lobby to finely get mousekeeping to come. They are very short staffed and new guests is the priority and they just cannot get to all the rooms. Personally it's totally fine with our family, we just want new towels and the trash taken out, every other day, and we always had fast service when we requested towels etc.
I thought I read that they did away with the mousekeeping direct line and now everything goes to the call center or if your room has Echo they want you to use that instead.

Daily or every other day housekeeping will probably go to a pay for service at some point. Even though you are paying for it now.

I thought I read that they did away with the mousekeeping direct line and now everything goes to the call center or if your room has Echo they want you to use that instead.
Correct. The mousekeeping direct button function from the resort room was the last to be moved to the Call Center. It freed up resort resources within the mousekeeping team.

Dave

Just got back from a week stay at Pop. I had mousekeeping every other day, like promised. The times they got to my room varied widely. One morning they were knocking at 10am (I had slept in because of a VERY late night at a wedding the night before). Another time they didn't get to my room until sometime after 4pm.

This has been a common occurrence at a lot of WDW resorts. I read about POP, WL and AKL just in the last couple of weeks where people had to go to the lobby to finely get mousekeeping to come. They are very short staffed and new guests is the priority and they just cannot get to all the rooms. Personally it's totally fine with our family, we just want new towels and the trash taken out, every other day, and we always had fast service when we requested towels etc.
I can confirm that the line from our in-room phone went to somewhere other than the front desk last week.

Also, they tried to use the weak excuse of short staffing as a way to placate us. If they can't adequately service the rooms on a every-other-day schedule, then perhaps they should limit the number of rooms being sold. Yeah...that's not going to happen.

I can confirm that the line from our in-room phone went to somewhere other than the front desk last week.

Also, they tried to use the weak excuse of short staffing as a way to placate us. If they can't adequately service the rooms on a every-other-day schedule, then perhaps they should limit the number of rooms being sold. Yeah...that's not going to happen.
Unfortunately short staff is really not a weak excuse, I still see it at a lot of places in our area, where a store closed early because of lack of staff. Our company has had a hard time keeping people to stay and we pay good and have great benefits, but the new people come in and after 3 month's think they should be given a big raiseo_O
But I did laugh at your last statement, Disney turn away $$$$$$ :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Unfortunately short staff is really not a weak excuse, I still see it at a lot of places in our area, where a store closed early because of lack of staff. Our company has had a hard time keeping people to stay and we pay good and have great benefits, but the new people come in and after 3 month's think they should be given a big raiseo_O
But I did laugh at your last statement, Disney turn away $$$$$$ :rotfl: :rotfl2:
We'll see as I am going to give Pop housekeeping a chance at redemption. I am now booked for a June stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter