Pop Century Preferred Rooms??

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I just booked one for our trip in October. Can anyone tell me where these are located??

Also- can anyone give me any good thread links or website links for pics and info on POP??? I've neevr been there before and never really read much about it.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

The areas lined by yellow indicate corridors of preferred rooms.

PopCenturyRoomsPref.jpg

Okay, that was just plain weird!!! I'm reading your post and wondering 'what yellow lines' when the entire post changed, right before my eyes. Too weird.
Thanks for the outlines....I didn't know the outer rooms in 60's were preferred.

Thanks Canadian Guy. I haven't requested a particular bldg. yet. Do you have any suggestions? Is there an advantage or disadvantage of one over the other??

Well.. I've been stuck in the 'backside' rooms at 60's facing a courtyard not the pool .. when i really wanted to be facing the pool. And as you might imagine, I wasn't a big fan of paying extra for that.

On my most recent trip, I went standard room.. and got a room in building 2 facing the bowling pin pool. I was very happy with that and I didn't find the walk to the main hall and Everything Pop, or the buses bothersome at all.

That said, I don't have a stroller, kids.. or a big diaper bag to lug either.

In these multi-floor buildings, my personal choice is ground floor... in any building. That saves so much time with the elevators and stairs. I have a bit of a trick knee.. and I like stepping outside for a smoke away from the buildings. Therefore, I prefer ground floor.

Can you shed some light on
- do you have kids?
- will a smoker will be present in your travel party?
- would you like to face a pool or the lake?

What are your preferences? Away from the bustle with a little longer walk? (70s and 50's preferred) or right in the heart of the action (60's preferred)

Knox

OK- No kids. Well..... my DS will be with me, but he is 24! We're doing the Tower of Terror 13 K in October.

No Smokers.

Don't mind an upper floor if there's an elevator- if there isn't- LOWER FLOOR!

I like pool view- and I like action, unless the rooms would be VERY noisey late at night (like past 11pm).

I do like to be centrally located to things, especially stores, food courts lobbies etc.

Unfortunately the only room available for our trip in October was a preferred view- otherwise I would've gone with a reg. room.

Ok.. there is an elevator in all the buildings... So no worries there.

60's is your building. There might be one or two people in the pool past 11pm but Disney Security will normally keep them quiet. Most people are respectful at that hour. If not, call the front desk and they'll send security around to put things in order.

Preferred at Pop isn't preferred view -- it's preferred location. It means closer to the bus stops and food court than the non-preferred rooms.

I'd say go with 60's and ask for pool view.

:)

Knox

Thanks for the tip CG. That sounds just perfect! I will call CROP in the morning and give them my preferences.

we stayed in bldg ten in march and were preffered(not by choice either) and LOVED close proximity to everything:goodvibes

The buildings are numbered??/ Where is Building 10?

NEVER MIND!!! I found it!

We were preferred in January, we stayed in building 1, in room 1104. Nice and close to the Classic Hall, first floor, the bowling pin pool was nice and close, just not outside our room. We loved this location and made it very easy for a quick walk to the Classic Hall for frozen Cokes!! (my fave) Easy to get to the buses too!!!

We stayed in Bldg 4 in room 4424 in April and loved the location. We were on the fourth floor on the other side from the pool. I had asked for the quietest room possible and it definitely was quiet. The only time we were woken up at night was the night Magic Kingdom had extra magic hours and we were asleep when everyone came back. Unfortunately, there were quite a few children running screaming down the halls when they got back to Pop.

That is a great map showing the Preferred Rooms, thanks!

We are staying there in August, can't wait!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter