Pop Century Preferred Pool View - Was it fun or awful?

HappyGal

DIS Veteran
I've always wanted to stay on the ground floor facing the Hippy Dippy Pool! My kids(ages 10, 11 &12) would get such a kick out of being so close to the pool, ping pong table and food court! I've heard it can be noisy but I plan on bringing a powerful box fan to drown out the noise at night.

Have you stayed at Pop in a Preferred Pool View Room? Any advice
?

I've always wanted to stay on the ground floor facing the Hippy Dippy Pool! My kids(ages 10, 11 &12) would get such a kick out of being so close to the pool, ping pong table and food court! I've heard it can be noisy but I plan on bringing a powerful box fan to drown out the noise at night.

Have you stayed at Pop in a Preferred Pool View Room? Any advice
?

We did back when Disney still had smoking rooms. We needed a non-smoking room but all the standard ones were gone so we were moved into a preferred non-smoking room.

We hated it. But we didn't like it for the reasons you are going to like it. As two adults, it just wasn't for us at all. I wouldn't mind pool view but not on the first floor but that's me. For you, I think you would enjoy it.

I'm curious about this too. We are staying at Pop next month and booked a Preferred Pool room at Pop Century. I recently heard that this area tends to be noisy so I want to know what to prepare for!

HappyGal said:

Have you stayed at Pop in a Preferred Pool View Room? Any advice?

I LOVE POP!!! That said, you couldn't PAY me to stay in one of those rooms though!!! LOL! They are in a super high congestion & noise area, great to visit, but not for a room!! Personally, if I want a pool view room, I like the 50's bldg 1 or 3, nice & quiet. I'll sit by the pool but I'm not a pool user. And I really enjoy the lake view rooms of bldgs 4 & 5. Hope you enjoy your stay!!

I LOVE POP!!! That said, you couldn't PAY me to stay in one of those rooms though!!! LOL! They are in a super high congestion & noise area, great to visit, but not for a room!! Personally, if I want a pool view room, I like the 50's bldg 1 or 3, nice & quiet. I'll sit by the pool but I'm not a pool user. And I really enjoy the lake view rooms of bldgs 4 & 5. Hope you enjoy your stay!!

Same here. I like the 60's section. But we always request the back side. No thanks to any room the faces a pool at any resort.

It depends on what you are looking for. We stayed there in July and had one of those rooms (the very last one). The rooms are VERY noisy. They play music (quite loudly) most of the day and then have a movie every night and the volume of that movie is SO loud. I was there with my 2 kids (4 and 6) and we went back every afternoon for a swim and a nap. The swim part was easy. The nap, not so much due to the noise of the music. You could hear each and every word, drum beat, etc. The same thing at night. Some nights we stayed out late and got home after the movie was over (10:30ish) but some of the nights we came back earlier and the kids had such a hard time getting to sleep because you could hear the movie plain as day in the room. And really, nothing you can do about it. So, while it was great being close to the pool and the main building the noise was more of a downer for us. Next time, MAYBE we'll do a regular preferred room, but not a pool preferred room.

We stayed there in december and loved it. You are so close to everything and looking out on all the activity was very cool.

We don't nap in the afternoon and the nights that we'll be at the resort we'll be watching the outdoor movies. Like I said, I've always wanted to try those rooms and I guess we could always move to a quieter area if we don't care for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter