Pop Century or Coronado

bline22

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are looking at staying at either Pop Century and are considering trying a moderate resort, the Coronado Springs. The Coronado though is about a thousand difference ($350 per room).

We have stayed a pop many times and buy normally 3 rooms for 7 days. 3 families of 4.

Questions:

1. Is it worth that kind of money to try out the Coronado? I think there is a hot tub, queen beds and a few extras in the rooms right?
2. We are getting a military discount on the rooms currently but is there anything else people know of we can do to get it to be less painful to try the moderate?

I appreciate anyone’s thoughts and opinions

We have stayed at POP numerous times and tried Coronado Springs once. It simply wasn't for us. We love just about everything about POP, but most importantly, the price. For our family (we spend very little time in the room or at the resort) Coronado wasn't for us. (I know it's Disney and I expect to put some miles on every day), but Coronado was way too big. Our rooms were so far from the main pool it felt like we were headed to another resort! The food court closed for part of the day so the only place open to eat was the grab and go or the bar at the main pool. I suppose we ate at odd times, but we mostly were back at the resort during the afternoon hours. The pool is very nice, it does have a big hot tub and a fun slide that POP lacks. We just didn't "feel" the Disney there. The conference center and business center gave it a different vibe for us. The rooms are bigger and it has a lounge and restaurant (we didn't go to either), so it really depends on the type of resort you are looking for. You can't go wrong with either, they are just different! Enjoy which ever one you pick.

For $350 per family. We would do it. It's nice to do different things. If you dont like it then next times you will know. Once we went moderate we didnt want to go back to a value though. Just make sure you request a room close to everything.

The beds are definitely better at the CSR. That alone is worth it to me. It's difficult to enjoy the parks when you don't get a good nights rest. I also liked having a ceiling fan in the room.

I can't comment on the food or pool as I did not use them. It can be a long walk depending on where your room is. That never bothered me. The farther out bus stops were definitely not as crowded as the one in the front anyway so I preferred having a room farther away. It just depends on what is important to you.

I agree with the previous post though. Once I stayed at a moderate, I have not gone back to a value.

We have stayed both Pop and CSR. CSR is a much nicer resort. It is much calmer and quieter than pop. The rooms are larger and the beds are so comfortable (and queen size). We also really like the food options at CSR.

Younger children would probably prefer Pop for its big icons and fun atmosphere. The pool at CSR is deep and IMO, not the best for young kids. We stayed with toddlers and I was disappointed.

My opinion, if money is not a concern and you are not one of the commando types, stay at CSR. If budget is tight or you are really looking for a Disney atmosphere and double beds aren't an issue, go with pop.

Stayed at CSR this March and our prior trip was in a value, ASMu. I can tell you that this is a huge step up and CSR feels more like a deluxe. The beds Are queens not doubles, and the bedding is ultra comfy and luxurious. The grounds, lobby and restaurants are beautiful. Yes, it is very spread out, it is built around a small lake...very pretty setting. They also have several restaurants and a smaller take out restaurant, a bar, etc. The two resorts are very different, only you can say if worth the money...for me it would be!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter