• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP century Generation Gap Bridge

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
We got back from SSR Fri the 8th of FEB.
One day while there we went over to POP Century to look around.
We walked around the outside of the resort by the lake and back behind the 50's and 60's building ( I think) is this bridge (GENERATION GAP BRIDGE) It leads over to the Classic Hall the
20's 30's 40's that never opened. And over to the right of this building are a group of buildings that they stopped working on when 9/11 happened.

Now let me first say that I found out all this from a CM (she) I stopped while DW and I were sitting on a bench behind the 50's at POP. This CM said she worked for Disney a long time and when POP opened she was moved there for the opening and had a part in the opening.
She said that these buildings they stopped working on when 9/11 happened are called the LEGENDARY RESORT and they just had a meeting that day about opening these buildings up. The check-in area for these buildings will be in the Classic Hall building across the bridge. Another thing she (CM) said was that Disney was thinking of making some or all of these buildings FAMILY SUITES like they did at the Value resorts. COOL HUH?

Look we are DVC owners at BWV but seeing POP for the first time in person brought back a lot of memories from past years. We are in the low 60's age group. I do have some pics and will try to get them put up. Gotta go for now.

Hope I got my info strait:goodvibes

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how you liked SSR? We arrive Sat for a stay there.
TIA!

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how you liked SSR? We arrive Sat for a stay there.
TIA!

we liked it at SSR and preferred the Grandstand area, great pool and play area for kids .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter