• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poor BWPPI Experience

lucky1

Face Character
Hi from BWPPI lobby right now.

We had booked a room through aaa and had called to request a Non Smoking and room in the first building so we could have high speed internet access.
(Only building 1 had internet access and you need to request it).

When we arrived yesterday, I doubled checked that our room was non smoking but forgot about asking about access. Before we went to the room, I went back to the front desk and doubled checked since we were in the 2nd building. Yes you have DSL connection is what I was told.

So up to the room and nothing was there. When I called down to the lobby they said never a guarentee to get high speed access and my room did not have it. basicly she told me I was out of Luck. Aggh. Wanted to make sure they knew that when we requested it before traveling, that it would not be a problem and when I checked with the front desk before going to the room the clerk indicated there was.

A few minutes later she called back and said she had a room for us and to come and get a key. Packed everything back up and headed down and got the key. Asked that it was Non-smoking as well. Yes it was!!! Headed up to the room and nothing on the door or desk in the room indicating it was non smoking and you could smell smoking coming out of the room before opening the door. When in and had to turn right around. Back down to the desk and she basicly told me I was incorrect and the room was non-smoking and tough luck. Very Rude. They refused to let us talk to the manager and given we were angry and fustrated we went back to the orginal room and talked with the manager this morning. She offered to let us move this morning, but given our luck, decided not to try it again.

The room we have is okay, clean and the location to the park is great, but boy the service for us at check in really was lacking. Needless to say would not be coming after this experience.

Lesson learned: Always check out the next room prior to packing up and moving. I should have done.

You know- we had a similar experience. I had booked a room, and had to switch the type of room we got. In doing that somehow our reservation was cancelled altogether. They were able to get us a room, but made it seem like an inconvience. We had my sister with us, so we needed a larger room. Long story short- DH ended up going to the lobby every night to check email, and several times they had plugged in those moter scooters right in front of where you check your email and they told him they could not move them. Because of their front desk- DH will not stay there again. He was very upset and it takes a lot to get him to not want to stay somewhere again.

is the Best Western Park Place Inn. It is a hotel right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland resort. I have only read good reviews about it until now, but I have never been there... we saw it while walking to DLR from Hojos (Howard Johnsons).

We stayed at the BWPPI for 2 nights last week (Monday & Tuesday). We didn't have any issues with the front desk or hotel itself (other than the cleaning people need to do a better job with the vaccuum...cheetos from previous guests all over the floor!)

But, our neighbors kept doing hand washing and drying it outside the room on the railing. Plus, they took their suitcase stand from inside the room, put it outside the room (blocking 3/4 of the width of the hallway and covered it with their underwear they'd handwashed. It's not so bad if you have your own balcony and dry your wet stuff on it but the way they did it blocked the hallway. And, I'd prefer not to look at other peoples old ratty underwear! They were so rude. It was several families (parents, grandparents and kids) sharing just 2 rooms. I counted at least 8 adults and 8 kids! They were loud and obnoxious.

KC

I'm staying there in a month with my 8year old son. Whats the breakfast like? How long did it take you to walk to the front gate? How was parking??

sorry for the questions

thanks

Hi -

Parking is tight - it seems there is just room for one car per room. You have to have your car out of the lot by 3PM on the day you check out which makes it difficult if you're going to the parks the day you leave. They also don't let you park there until you check in. We didn't check-in until after 4 so we were able to find a spot but it was the only spot open!

They give you breakfast coupons for use at Captain Kids which is a restaurant right next door. We didn't use them so I can't comment on how good it was. According to the coupon, you could get continental breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 upstars at the restaurant or a complimentary pancake breakfast downstairs from 7 - noon. "Drinks and side order not included"

The location is ideal. It's just across the street from the park enterance. I was walking with 2 kids (10 & 14) and it took just 2 - 3 minutes to walk from the hotel to the bag check line. The crosswalk is right at the hotel and it takes you right into where all the shuttle busses stop.

KC

Leofoenget said:
I'm staying there in a month with my 8year old son. Whats the breakfast like? How long did it take you to walk to the front gate? How was parking??

sorry for the questions

thanks

Breakfast buffet starts at 6:30am and consists of hardboiled eggs, Pastries, toast, donuts, apples, oranges, bananas, 4 different types of cereals. Milk, coffee, tea, Juices. Nothing really special, but I would recommend bringing your own cups for coffee (such as a travel mug), since the cups are 6 oz. You can take it back to the room as everything is disposable.

Walking to the front gate: Very quick. You can not get any closer, except maybe DGC hotel.

Parking is very tight and the previous posted gave good information.

Thank You to KC and Lucky for the info. I am flying into Burbank and driving down around 7ish. On my checkout day I have to be out early to meet my friend at Legoland. I hear there is ONE parking space per room. Hope I get one with the stupid POTC Quest for Gold deal going on.

thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter