Pools for active kids off site?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
Last fall, we went to Universal, and my kids (7 and 9) fell in love with the pools at Cabana Bay. Even though it's the 'value' resort for Universal, there was a lazy river and a pool with a pretty decent water slide.

I'm planning a Disney vacation for this fall, but the value hotels don't hold a candle to those at CB.

With the Disney Springs resorts now getting 60-day FP bookings, and EMH, I'm wondering if any of them might be a contender for a budget-friendly offsite hotel. We don't care much about the rooms, but would love great pools.

I read the WBC thread, and the biggest draw for me there is the pool situation (though I realize I'd need a car, and it does't come with the EMH and 60-day FP opportunities). I'm wondering what else is out there.

Thoughts?

Honestly, there are SO many choices all around WDW. Look on a place like VRBO and you'll find plenty. We stayed at one last Xmas in Davenport, I'd have to dig it back up to find the name, but there are many...I think it was called Regal Palms

I would suggest Orange Lake. Great resort with tons of amenities. Send me a pm if you want more info.

Thank you. I can't figure out how to pm, but I appreciate the recommendation, looked it up and started reading reviews. The photos of the pools look amazing, but the reviews said something about having to buy activity bracelets or sit through time share presentations to get them. Do you know the approximate cost? Also the approximate travel time to the parks?

The embassy at Lake Buena Vista has an awesome kids splash area and a pool that is indoor and outdoor. My kids loved swimming from inside to outside as well as the kids area.

Also the drive to the parks is about 10 mins with traffic.

Not sure if you get EMH, but its as close to DS as you could be without being in DS.

Last edited:
Last fall, we went to Universal, and my kids (7 and 9) fell in love with the pools at Cabana Bay. Even though it's the 'value' resort for Universal, there was a lazy river and a pool with a pretty decent water slide.

I'm planning a Disney vacation for this fall, but the value hotels don't hold a candle to those at CB.

With the Disney Springs resorts now getting 60-day FP bookings, and EMH, I'm wondering if any of them might be a contender for a budget-friendly offsite hotel. We don't care much about the rooms, but would love great pools.

I read the WBC thread, and the biggest draw for me there is the pool situation (though I realize I'd need a car, and it does't come with the EMH and 60-day FP opportunities). I'm wondering what else is out there.

Thoughts?

I don't know that any of the Disney Springs hotels would be what you are looking for.

Most are the original fairly bland pool spaces (with slight updates) without slides. Only BVP has a lazy river area but none of the CB fun.

Looking specifically at the Disney Springs resorts, I think the Hilton Buena Visa Palace has the nicest pool...http://disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/hilton-orlando-buena-vista-palace/

I agree, it's fairly new, well done and a large space with lazy river. I would love lounging there (as adults) but not sure it would match what OP had at Cabana Bay. It hasn't the big slide and all the water play areas.

Windsor Hills just redid the entire pool area. the now have 2 dueling water slides, their original slide, and a kids playzone water area. Its literally 1 turn off the Disney property and takes about 10 minutes from parking lot to TTC.

Bonus is you get a condo or house for a fraction of the cost. We have a 4bed/3 bath themed house with private pool as well for 3200 for 2 1/2 weeks this summer. We could never stay that long on property....due to cost and the fact we would kill eahc other in such a small space!

Thank you. I can't figure out how to pm, but I appreciate the recommendation, looked it up and started reading reviews. The photos of the pools look amazing, but the reviews said something about having to buy activity bracelets or sit through time share presentations to get them. Do you know the approximate cost? Also the approximate travel time to the parks?
I pmed you. You do not need to buy braclets to use the pools.

Lake Buena Vista Palace has the best pool and a lazy river. We love staying at Parc Soliel, it is a little further down Palm Parkway but still within 10 minutes. Nice pool and decent waterslide. Play area off to the side. Plus a 1 bedroom can be the same price as value at some times in the summer. 2 bedroom is often same as like POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter