Pool Times-Poly

joer167

Earning My Ears
We are arriving on April 17th at 9:15pm. Hopefully be to the resort by 10-10:30pm. Any idea what the pool hours closing will be the day we arrive. Hoping to hang by the pool, let the kids swim and unwind with a drink.

Thanks
Joe

We are arriving on April 17th at 9:15pm. Hopefully be to the resort by 10-10:30pm. Any idea what the pool hours closing will be the day we arrive. Hoping to hang by the pool, let the kids swim and unwind with a drink.

Thanks
Joe

Most likely 10PM. Should go to 11PM in May.

I'm pretty sure the quiet pools are 24 hours.

Officially they have the same posted hours as the Main Feature pool. And usually if your not obnoxious nobody will care if your in a leisure pool after hours. Just so people are aware that all WDW pools do have a closing time.

Officially they have the same posted hours as the Main Feature pool. And usually if your not obnoxious nobody will care if your in a leisure pool after hours. Just so people are aware that all WDW pools do have a closing time.

Don't mean to question you, but just asking. Are you sure about the Oasis Pool? I've been to Poly enough I feel like I should know this but for sure, but I don't. I could swear Oasis hours when I was there in Feb were 7AM-11PM. Lava hours then were 10AM-9PM (they went to 10PM the next week).

For some reason I was thinking Oasis is pretty much always 7-11 despite seasonal changes at the main pool. But again, I could be (and probably am) wrong I guess.

OP - The Barefoot Pool Bar at the Lava Pool usually closes after Wishes, which I think is 10PM on the 17th per Disney's website. The Oasis Bar/Grill closes relatively early if I'm not mistaken.

Your best bet for a cocktail at your hour is Tambu Lounge (they'll give you a to go cup if you ask) or Trader Sam's (both inside or outside).

Don't mean to question you, but just asking. Are you sure about the Oasis Pool? I've been to Poly enough I feel like I should know this but for sure, but I don't. I could swear Oasis hours when I was there in Feb were 7AM-11PM. Lava hours then were 10AM-9PM (they went to 10PM the next week).

For some reason I was thinking Oasis is pretty much always 7-11 despite seasonal changes at the main pool. But again, I could be (and probably am) wrong I guess.

No, I'm not sure. I'm going by what my Inlays said after their Polynesia stay last week. They could have mixed up which pool they were talking about.

Now that the pools are all being gated, your magic band might not open the pool after a certain time until another certain time in the morning.

Are all the pools including quiet pools now gated? If I am going to pay upward of $600 a night I really want to be able to take a dip after coming home from the Parks. Some of our best trip memories are coming home and spending some precious family time in the pool. I might as well stay at a mod. I don't think their pools have been gated as of yet.

Are all the pools including quiet pools now gated? If I am going to pay upward of $600 a night I really want to be able to take a dip after coming home from the Parks. Some of our best trip memories are coming home and spending some precious family time in the pool. I might as well stay at a mod. I don't think their pools have been gated as of yet.

Yes. All WDW pools are gated or will be soon.

I get it. Just not happy. Like I said I have wonderful memories of our times in the quiet pools. But, last time at the BC the tables were full of a large family slamming down some beers while their kids were terrorizing the pool and hot tub. Lots of loud voices. We just swam as a family and actually got the other kids involved in a swim game we call "Categories." Anyway, it wasn't long before security came out. Asked everyone to be quiet. We continued to quietly play the game but the adults were too rowdy. They came out shortly afterward and closed the pool. So I get it. Not everyone respects others.

All WDW pools are gated or will be soon.

I think this is a great move on Disney's part. I don't think the gates look that great, but for the safety of kids who might wander from a resort room, it's totally worth it and I'm surprised it hasn't been done sooner. Not to mention, guests who wandered in from other resorts or off-site hotels to use the pools. While opening a pool at 10:00 am seems late to me...kids get up early...hot summer months...I think the gates are a great idea.

While opening a pool at 10:00 am seems late to me...kids get up early...hot summer months...I think the gates are a great idea.
Pool Hours vary by Season and can vary a little from Resort to Resort(or even from Pool to Pool within a Resort).

The "most likely" Summer Hours for most Pools are 9:00 AM-11:00 PM.

I have to give Disney credit-they did try to "theme" the Pool Gates and fences.:)

29729750645_959b0dbbed_z.jpg

IMO - At least one pool and restaurant/food place on site should be open beyond park closing and buses returning. Its annoying to have the fancy refillable cup, but not able to refill it because you didnt get back till midnight.

IMO - At least one pool and restaurant/food place on site should be open beyond park closing and buses returning. Its annoying to have the fancy refillable cup, but not able to refill it because you didnt get back till midnight.

But then, if you keep a food court open until 1:00 AM and someone wants a drink from there at 1:05 AM, where does it stop?

I think the food court should be open 24 hours. Not every option, but at least one station with a few items.

I get the pools, but do agree there should be one at every resort open 24 hours too.

I think the food court should be open 24 hours. Not every option, but at least one station with a few items.

I get the pools, but do agree there should be one at every resort open 24 hours too.

Are you willing to pay, in additional per night room fees, for the added labor to do this? Most folks at WDW do not need 24/7 food court availability

Are you willing to pay, in additional per night room fees, for the added labor to do this? Most folks at WDW do not need 24/7 food court availability

The labor/expenses (utilities/depreciation/etc) could be covered more than enough without raising the price. It's not like adding 3/4 people for 7 hours at a low wage is going to cost much. Sell $50 an hour, you're even for labor costs. Even if they felt they needed, raising the cost of the room $1 would be more than enough to make up costs (especially a value resort with 1000's of rooms).

Its annoying to have the fancy refillable cup, but not able to refill it because you didnt get back till midnight.
All-Star Sports has had 24/7 availability for their Beverage Island for quite some time now.

It's awesome-hopefully,other Resorts will follow suit at some point.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter