Pool Temps?

82 degrees?? Really? That seems a little chilly....

Depends when you go. In the summer they are very warm-really too warm, could add ice to them and they would be too warm. 82 must be in the winter and that has always been plenty warm also. Actually steam comes off them most nights when we were there in January.

SafteyMom, where did you hear 82?
If I let my pool get down to 82 it's way too cold for
most people. Even in the hottest of day. 84 is about
as low as it can get comfortable. 86 is great and 88
is starting to get too warm....90 is awesome....in October :-)

A guard once told me they are heated to 85 at the resorts and 82 at the water parks. Seemed much warmer to me as our home pool is heated to 84 and the Disney resorts have felt much warmer.

just got back on Sun and the Pool water was hott it was in the 90's everyday so the water is going to be about the same. have fun

We just got back from our first summer trip - the pools were too hot for our tastes! They felt like you were in a hot tub - not what you are looking for on a 90 degree humid afternoon! It was much more refreshing to take a cool shower in the A/C hotel room!

That said - we've always gone swimming during our winter trips, even though the weather has been pretty cool. My girls have been brought up in the White Mts so they are used to cold water. We found the resort pools to be heated to a comfy temp, but the lazy river at the water park was FRIGID! Couldn't do it! The wave pool and slides were also chilly - but nothing like the river!

I am sure if the pools are heated to 82 and the sun shines on the pool it will be warmer than that. In the winter 82 feels good.

yikes, 90....I know it's sometimes hard to keep the temp low
enough. They should air condition the pools :-)

I wonder what the temps will be in August, my pool will be 94, and I only use the sun for heat! 82 in the dead of winter would feel cool to me, too.

Originally posted by DjDisney
just got back on Sun and the Pool water was hott it was in the 90's everyday so the water is going to be about the same. have fun

We just got back yesterday from WL and the pool was very warm. The pool at WLV was about 5 degrees cooler. But when your talking 90 degrees 5 degrees doesn't mean much.

We got back from a stay at the Dolphin a few weeks ago and as much as I wanted to go swimming, the pool was way too warm. I like to be able to cool off when I swim...........I'll hit a jacuzzi if I want warm/hot water. Maybe we'll have to make a quick trip to Wekiva Springs for some nice, chilly water enjoyment on our next trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter