pool size

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Does anyone know which moderate hotel has the biggest pool? Or to put it another way, which pool seems less crowded? We are planning a trip for Spring Break next year, and I am thinking the pool will be a very important feature for us. If the parks are crowded, we can come back to the pool. But which pool would at least seem to be not so full? Or is there some Disney pool geek that knows the pool size/hotel size ratio and is willing to share there knowledge? :idea: TIA!

Best Pool - Voted by Dis'ers CLICK HERE

The slide is 123 ft long. Here are some pics of the pool area.

4g5fz4k.jpg

4dblwdk.jpg

2db8qbc.jpg

43y6g0k.jpg

There is also an arcade, a playground and a sand volleyball court.

eaqyk9.jpg

eaqyjl.jpg

These photos are at 10:30am of Easter/spring break 2006 week. Being a convention resort really helps with the crowds on the buses and at the pool.

vyuqm1.jpg

vyus0o.jpg

vyuttz.jpg

Caribbean Beach has something like 5 or 7 quiet pools and the main one. The main one gets really crowded, but you do have the luxury of all the other ones. Dixie Landings has quite a few quiet pools also, I dont' think Port Orleans French Quarter have any others. I don't know a thing about Coronado springs.

I think CSR and CBR will give you the quietest pool experiences--although I do'nt ahve firsthand experience.

In all honesty, I've heard very few complaints about any of the moderate pools over the years.

Anne

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort last June (and are heading back on 5/31/07):banana: . The main pool was fairly crowded but we didn't care because we swam in the Jamaica quiet pool. Each village has their own quiet pool. Sometimes, we had the pool all to ourselves. The most crowded was just about a dozen people.

I think you might benefit by going to www.allearsnet.com. Click on accommodations. They have pictures of each and every resort and pictures of the pools as well.

Have a great trip! Lisa

Another vote for CSR -- it has the biggest hot tub on site.. so you can sorta watch the kids from there.. ;)

Knox

I think to some extent it will depend on crowd levels and all. Sometimes the pools are crowded, and sometimes they aren't. the mid-afternoon pool break seems to have become more popular in recent years, in my opinion, esp with the advent of EMH.

At each of the resorts, we've seen uncrowded pools and crowded ones.

Yes the hot tub at CSR is big, but so are covention crowds. I've seen it packed to capacity....so too were the ones at POR, POFQ, and CBR - late at night, past the posted closing times!

Definitely CSR!! CBR has an old style cement slide and the pool and hot tub are small. POR and POFQ are very tame.

stayed at POR during value season and could never get a chair by the pool.
went to CSR last week during spring break and had no problem with finding a chair.

don't know if that is the norm but that was my experience

went to CSR last week during spring break and had no problem with finding a chair.

I very much hope that is my experience as well on my upcoming trip!

Knox

Same for me last Easter/Spring break as indicated by the photos in my post above. I know some folks don't like the convention aspect of CSR but it really does help at the pool and on the buses. When I visit CSR, I hope for big conventions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter