Pool/resort Day?

bgda24

Mouseketeer
Just wonder how many folks build in a pool day in between Theme Park visits? We Always say we are going to but tend to end up going to the parks in the afternoon. Guess its a bit of FOMO

We always do, but we also don't have APs. I could see if you had them there would be little reason to not just want to pop into a park for the day for a quick visit.

We always build in a pool/resort day every trip, but our (3) kids are also all under 5. To them, this day is just as cool as a park day and its much cheaper for me and wifey! I imagine as they get older they may want more park days with pool time used more as a break, but we will keep spending one or two full pool/resort days during a week long trip as long as we can to save $$$. With current park prices, its nice to save and put that towards a nice dinner after spending the day at the pool :)

We take a casual approach to our weeks. So typically park first thing in the morning. Back to the hotel by 1:00 p.m. Pool or other activity until around dinner time, then a second park or Disney Springs or hotel hopping etc. So basically pool time is every day if you want it (I mostly wander around taking photos or have a cocktail poolside while the rest of the family does the pool thing).

I take resort days and late start days in between longer park days. Like all day MK one day, off next day, all day HS day, then late start Epcot day, etc. but we take longer (2 week) trips just so we can do this.

We've changed over the years - used to do a park in the morning, pool/resort in the afternoon, and park in the evening. In recent years, we're spending a little more time at the pool/resort. Some days we sleep in, grab breakfast, enjoy the pool for several hours, and then do a park in the evening (easy to stack G+/LL in a chair by the pool! Some days we go into a park (usually EPCOT) for a ride or two, lunch/food booths, and then head back to the pool. Other days, no pool at all..... We also tend to do a weeklong stay, which includes a resort change in the middle - so on the day we're changing resorts, we will usually get to the new resort late morning, drop off our bags, and enjoy the day at the pool waiting on our room. SO many ways to enjoy the parks and resorts!

We take a casual approach to our weeks. So typically park first thing in the morning. Back to the hotel by 1:00 p.m. Pool or other activity until around dinner time, then a second park or Disney Springs or hotel hopping etc. So basically pool time is every day if you want it (I mostly wander around taking photos or have a cocktail poolside while the rest of the family does the pool thing).
Now that I'm DVC I'm going to try to take this more relaxed approach to some of my trips. If I'm going with someone who doesn't go as often we'll probably spend more time at the parks, but when I go with just my mom (or maybe, someday, solo) we'll probably try to give ourselves some midday downtime at the resort.

Always! But we stay anywhere from 12 -14 days, so plenty of down time. We may go to the parks 6 days, we tend to buy longer park tickets (8 days, since it isn't all that more to add on the days) and don't really worry if we don't use them all. Probably would be better to ask to add on when we're there, but it's easier to do it all ahead of time. AP's would probably be an even better idea....

We have APs so it’s easy to take a very relaxed approach to the parks. Some days we just go in the evening to walk around, get dinner and watch the fireworks Unless we have a late night planed (HHN, AHs, holiday parties, etc); we don’t specifically plan a down day.

Just wonder how many folks build in a pool day in between Theme Park visits? We Always say we are going to but tend to end up going to the parks in the afternoon. Guess its a bit of FOMO
Our recent May trip we uncharacteristically did not allow for a pool day. Schedule didn't allow for it but we all agreed we greatly missed it! Felts like we wrapped up the parks, off to bed, and then rushed out the door for the airport. Hit all four parks straight through Tuesday-Friday.

The last four prior trips we had built in a rest day, Disney Springs, and pool day. Lately we've been doing two or three park trips (not all four in one trip) with our pool day the last day. Sleep in, leisurely breakfast, pool, some shopping, nap, packing, etc. For us its the perfect ending.

If doing all four parks in one trip we will try and build that day in after two or three days at the parks.

But everyone's different. When we were younger we had zero down days. Now that we're older and kids late teens we like having at least one down day.

We don’t do full resort days. We did our first two trips and realized it’s not for us. We are usually itching to hit a park around 4-5 pm. We also aren’t big DS people (went for the first time in 14 years last trip) so we don’t want to end the day there.

This works for us. We stack G+ (used to have FP+ for that park in the evening) and hit that park for rides and dinner. We really enjoy these laid back days.

We do non park days (not always a pool day) and have never spent a full day in a park. I enjoy the whole experience not just the parks.

One day? We spend time at the pool almost every day. We have no problem spending half the day at the pool/resort and half at the parks. Sometimes we do not set foot in the parks. We do have APs. If we did not have APs, we would buy 1/2 the number of days of our total stay (maybe less).

The only time we run around/spend a lot of time in the parks is when the kids and grandchildren come/there same time.

Since we have AP's, we do not feel the need to spend all day at the park to get our bang for our buck. It was different when I purchased day tickets, because I wanted to use the entire day. Then I would leave a pool day in the middle. With AP's, I plan to be out of the parks by lunchtime when they start to get super crowded. What we do after we leave the parks could be pool, rest, Disney Springs, mini-golf, or something else entirely. I now plan at least a park every day.... but sometimes we may not go to the park if we do not feel it.

Our recent May trip we uncharacteristically did not allow for a pool day. Schedule didn't allow for it but we all agreed we greatly missed it! Felts like we wrapped up the parks, off to bed, and then rushed out the door for the airport. Hit all four parks straight through Tuesday-Friday.

The last four prior trips we had built in a rest day, Disney Springs, and pool day. Lately we've been doing two or three park trips (not all four in one trip) with our pool day the last day. Sleep in, leisurely breakfast, pool, some shopping, nap, packing, etc. For us its the perfect ending.

If doing all four parks in one trip we will try and build that day in after two or three days at the parks.

But everyone's different. When we were younger we had zero down days. Now that we're older and kids late teens we like having at least one down day.
Thank you so much! It reinforces what I believe to be true. I wont miss a rest day next trip

For us, 10 yrs ago we didn't care as much for a resort day, but still we had always planned one rest day (that's what I call them). However, things have changed a lot the last two trips and I planned more rest days. The "standard" now is two park days, then one rest day, especially the day after MK extended evening hours, that's definitely a rest day! I understand the FOMO, but when we are exhausted and not getting enough rest, that's also no fun in the parks. If we didn't have rest days, I would need a whole different vacation from the Disney vacation! LOL!

pool day in between Theme Park visits

Pool afternoon is between 12pm and 5pm every day as we rope drop, go back to the resort, relax there, and then head to the park in the evening.

We have done as well all pool mornings as well heading in to the park late afternoon with stacking Genie+

I would never pay to stay at WDW and plan on a day at the resort even though it might happen I dont get to the parks.

Pool afternoon is between 12pm and 5pm every day as we rope drop, go back to the resort, relax there, and then head to the park in the evening.

We have done as well all pool mornings as well heading in to the park late afternoon with stacking Genie+

I would never pay to stay at WDW and plan on a day at the resort even though it might happen I dont get to the parks.
Thats a good point. The parks are so hot in the afternoon. A pool break might more sense

Add us to the list of pool afternoon. Although, last trip we did skip pool afternoon on one of the days. Instead, we spent 2 hours inside air conditioning at the tap haus in DHS. Our great niece had a lot of fun with the Disney Experience app picture images.

facebook twitter