Pool refurb

whoever

DIS Veteran
Anybody know if they are still on track to reopen on the 12th? We are staying from 10-13th and would like to at least get some exposure to the wonderful pools.

They are set to open in mid-December. They did not tell me a specific date, but you can probably call to confirm.

They are set to open in mid-December. They did not tell me a specific date, but you can probably call to confirm.

I think the December date was EVERYTHING fully reopened. They are reopening the first phase to my understanding prior to starting the second phase. We are there during the overlap where everything was supposed to be open .

I can’t say what my source is, but I have reason to believe that the refurbishment in not on schedule. The Menahune Bridge may not be fully open again until Nov 1. I’m not sure if there is anything else that is behind. We are scheduled to arrive on October 20. I’d love to hear from anyone who is staying there on the weekend of October 11 as to what is actually completed.

Anybody know if they are still on track to reopen on the 12th? We are staying from 10-13th and would like to at least get some exposure to the wonderful pools.

We are there on these dates as well. Enjoy your trip

I can’t say what my source is, but I have reason to believe that the refurbishment in not on schedule. The Menahune Bridge may not be fully open again until Nov 1. I’m not sure if there is anything else that is behind. We are scheduled to arrive on October 20. I’d love to hear from anyone who is staying there on the weekend of October 11 as to what is actually completed.

If you don’t hear from anyone, I’ll let you know when we get back.

Thank-you. We would really appreciate it. We are starting to worry just about everything will be closed when we are there.

We will be there, too. 8th-13th.

I am hoping that (a) they were so specific in their dates of when various things would and wouldn't be open that they built in a cushion, and (b) they would know by now if it wasn't going to be open the 12th/13th and they would be emailing those of us with reservations to tackle upset guests ahead of time on the phone rather than in person at the check in desk.

If I learn anything upon check in I'll report back.

they have started to have construction work on the weekends...so thats pretty much a dead giveaway that things are behind schedule. there could still be hope that it will get done on time or only slightly late as they are working weekends now too (or at least one weekend). the biggest question will be...is the 2nd half still going to start as scheduled...or will that get delayed as well.

unfortunately the 1 weekend gap between the 2 parts is the most likely to be impacted negatively. hopefully they have some backup plans/activities/events prepped.

We just returned yesterday, they were busily working on the lazy river..I really enjoyed the pools that were open but the slide had NO lights on it, I'm claustrophobic...so 90% in total darkness took my breath away...only did it once. I didn't even get into the ocean because they said bacteria was high and wouldn't rent out paddle boards and such...we spent 2 nights on Waikiki..so got in some ocean time there...we absolutely loved the resort!

We just returned yesterday, they were busily working on the lazy river..I really enjoyed the pools that were open but the slide had NO lights on it, I'm claustrophobic...so 90% in total darkness took my breath away...only did it once. I didn't even get into the ocean because they said bacteria was high and wouldn't rent out paddle boards and such...we spent 2 nights on Waikiki..so got in some ocean time there...we absolutely loved the resort!

Oh boy! When did that happen? We left on Sunday night and the bay was in full swing (except for the baby hammerhead 😳).

Oh boy! When did that happen? We left on Sunday night and the bay was in full swing (except for the baby hammerhead 😳).
Tuesday..Monday it was open- but we were climbing Diamondhead and touring by car- didn’t think they would actually close the whole thing- families were in there- but they closed the rental shack. I had an open blister, so didn’t want to chance it. I did score this great rainbow pic though!3DA2583B-CB69-416C-9E72-0A49BBBB119C.jpegView attachment 441786

Tuesday..Monday it was open- but we were climbing Diamondhead and touring by car- didn’t think they would actually close the whole thing- families were in there- but they closed the rental shack. I had an open blister, so didn’t want to chance it. I did score this great rainbow pic though!View attachment 441787View attachment 441786
Wow, great pic!!! In 14 days, we only saw two rainbows, and one was super faint. (The other one was over our cruise ship as it came into port, though, so very cool.). Very pretty!

are the pools heated at aulani?

Yes, they are
but we always find them "refreshing" when entering.
Lazy river always feels colder than it is...as it's under so much shade from the landscaping.

Once in the water is fine.
Just that initial getting in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!