Pool hopping or visiting other resorts allowed?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
Does anyone know if pool hopping is allowed now and or visiting other resorts? Going in March.. thanks!

Does anyone know if pool hopping is allowed now and or visiting other resorts? Going in March.. thanks!
Good question. I would like information on the same thing. We are going for Easter and are hoping to visit some of the other resorts. Not to pool hop, but just to walk around. Hopefully we will be allowed to do this.

Pool hopping is currently suspended. Probably due to the need to social distance in the pool area and limit the number of guests there.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/reopening/

Visiting other resorts can be restricted to only registered guests and those with dining reservations. I know that Riviera can be tough to get into by car due to its location on the Skyliner. And BLT has been strict about who gets in because there are people who want free parking within walking distance of the MK. Holiday times can be especially tough to visit resorts by car without an ADR.

ETA: “by car” to my post

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was there early Dec., it was easy to visit other resorts without a car. No pool hopping. Wanted to see the holiday decorations. We did a Epcot loop one day, then did a MK resort loop on monorail another day. Took boat to WL from MK. You could drive/bus/boat/Skyliner(whatever is available). to a park, then take bus to a resort, and go from there.

When I was there early Dec., it was easy to visit other resorts without a car. No pool hopping. Wanted to see the holiday decorations. We did a Epcot loop one day, then did a MK resort loop on monorail another day. Took boat to WL from MK. You could drive/bus/boat/Skyliner(whatever is available). to a park, then take bus to a resort, and go from there.
Great! Thank you for the info. That's basically all we are looking to do as well. We just want to check out the Easter/spring decorations at the different resorts. We are staying at BCV, so we aren't interested in pool hopping. I mean, what pool is better than BCV's?!?!?

Great! Thank you for the info. That's basically all we are looking to do as well. We just want to check out the Easter/spring decorations at the different resorts. We are staying at BCV, so we aren't interested in pool hopping. I mean, what pool is better than BCV's?!?!?
I’ll be there in March staying there too! And the last three times we were on property since reopening you can definitely resort hop when you take Disney transportation. We used Disney springs as our hub and kinda bussed over to different places to walk around. Same with the skyliner. It’s driving to a resort without dining/hotel res where it’s iffy on a yes or no. But if you stick to resort transport no one says anything.

I was there in March and April - If you have a car you will need a dining reservation to be able to enter and park at the resorts to walk around. If you just use Disney transportation and visit the resorts, no one really even notices you! I was staying off-property in March and was able to enter the Yacht and Beach Resorts by Disney Bus (from Disney Springs) without issue. Had breakfast at a quick service and walked over to Epcot. There is no pool hopping presently. The pool gates are all locked now with magic band touch pad "locks"

Related question, does anyone know if Riviera guests can still visit the pool at CBR? I distinctly recall reading somewhere that was a perk of staying at Riviera, but the original poster may have just been referencing DVC pool hopping since Riv is a DVC resort.

Not a deal breaker for us but might be nice to take the kids to check out the CBR pirate pool on our resort day.

Edited to add: I also just noticed the FAQ linked previously also describes temp checks, so maybe it isn't updated to frequently. Would be interested to hear any first-hand accounts of what people are being told re pool hopping at by CMs at WDW now.

Last edited:
Related question, does anyone know if Riviera guests can still visit the pool at CBR? I distinctly recall reading somewhere that was a perk of staying at Riviera, but the original poster may have just been referencing DVC pool hopping since Riv is a DVC resort.

Not a deal breaker for us but might be nice to take the kids to check out the CBR pirate pool on our resort day.

Edited to add: I also just noticed the FAQ linked previously also describes temp checks, so maybe it isn't updated to frequently. Would be interested to hear any first-hand accounts of what people are being told re pool hopping at by CMs at WDW now.

Being able to hop to CBR is part of the pool hopping we are allowed as DVC but AFAIK, that is still suspended.

It is not unique to those owning or staying at RIV.

Being able to hop to CBR is part of the pool hopping we are allowed as DVC but AFAIK, that is still suspended.

It is not unique to those owning or staying at RIV.
Good to know, I was wondering if it might have been like POR and POFQ given the resorts are right up next to eachother. Bummer :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter