Pool Hopping effects on OKW...

ttsui01

Earning My Ears
With the recent rise in complaints about pool-hopping being restricted, how does OKW owners feel about all this?

As an OKW owner, I LOVE the OKW main pool. My kids are 3 and 6 and swimming in any pool is a thrill for them. We live in Michigan and swimming is something we can do outdoors about 25 days a year - between weather, school, work, other activities, there isn't a lot of pool time! I do feel sorry about what has happened at BWV. I feel those owners were treated poorly. However, I am very happy with the OKW pool situation!

Lisa

I don't actually go to the pool to swim. I go to sit in the hot tub. I certainly don't need to "hop" to do that! I think all of OKW owners like the peace and quiet, so we feel the same way about our pool experience.

Disneydiane
mickey36.gif
keywest.gif

My family and I love the OKW pool. We are glad that there is no slide. We love the quite and the whole atmosphere surrounding the pool. We love the snack bar and bar right by the pool. Darn now I want to be at that pool then here at my desk looking at a brick wall.

The things we don't like is when some families still allow their kids to jump and dive into the pool and play dumb when the LARGE sign states no diving and jumping. [Note: these are people who I have seen talking about the sign and then tell each other so what]. Also we don't appreciate when parents allow their kids to get a bucket of sand and dump it in the pool, throw all their toys and towels into the pool, and cut up crayons and toss them in the pool while all they say is don't do that or stop that at the count of ten. Guess what those tactics have NEVER worked. Also on another board it was asked about the floating devices kids use. I don't know the reason for it but the sign does state only Disney's floating device is allowed. We took a picture of it in September when we saw it.

I own in both, but my family was very disappointed with the pool at OKW on our first visit years ago. The way the guides sell DVC they make it sound like one big happy family, and that where you own is not as important as it seems. We bought BWV, but decided to add-on more points when we got home, we ended up with OKW because you could not buy BWV in NY yet.I would have preferred that all my points be BWV but at the time I did not realize the importance of the 11 month window. That was when BWV opened and we had no problem switching our OKW points at the 7 month window.
The problem doesn't seem to be with people who bought OKW because they like it, it is more with people who bought at BWV and cannot get rooms so they stay at OKW but want what they bought, and who can blame them? The way it was explained to us was that as DVC BWV owners we could visit the BW anytime, and that we always had free parking, because it was our "home". I am sure that the problems at BWV don't affect the true OKW people it affects those like myself who own there, but don't really like it, or the new owners at BWV who want to stay at BWV but can't, so they stay at OKW but want to visit their "home".

We always request Building 42-44 near Turtle Shack. When we want to swim or hang around the pool, we're right next door. Come to think of it, we seem to tend toward more sitting and eating nowadays, and less swimming... ;)

Peter and Syl
DVC (OKW) '92, VB '95
Going to OKW May 19-30 and Dec 8-19 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter