Pool hopping and Parking

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
We will be renting a car next trip and I am interested in possibly taking kids pool hopping at another resort. Will we have issues parking? The last time I rented a car, I was turned away from checking out the Poly and parking there, even as a DVC member. Is this the case with all hotels? I would be interested in possibly taking the kids to POFQ or CBR. How does everyone pool hop if they can't park at the resorts?

You may need to take a bus, allowing pool hoping IMO is another DVC perk that they want to advertise but they don't really want you to do it.

:earsboy: Bill

Pool hopping to the pools at the Poly (and most of the other near park deluxe resorts) is not allowed. Parking at those resorts is often restricted to guests staying there. I doubt you would have problems parking at one of the moderates, though.

Here's the pool hopping info from the Members' Website:

Information About Complimentary Alternative Pool Use ("Pool Hopping")
Benefit Type: Recreation & Relaxation

Enjoy more than one pool during your vacation! At this time, when using your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and your overnight guests are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you are residing, if applicable).

To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit

You must present your MagicBand or current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other Resort hotel pools.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:

• February 19, 2017 through February 26, 2017
  • April 9, 2017 through April 27, 2017
  • May 26, 2017 through May 29, 2017
  • July 2, 2017 through July 8, 2017
  • September 1, 2017 through September 4, 2017
  • November 20, 2017 through November 25, 2017
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information

• Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, the Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the Silver Creek Springs Pool and Hidden Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.
  • Other restricted dates than those listed above may be added based on projected pool capacity or maintenance needs.
  • If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel.
  • Alternative pool use is subject to change or discontinuation at the sole discretion of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Yeah....pool hopping was a "thing" a number of years ago, but since all of the restrictions on what pools, and the greater enforcement of parking restrictions, it really isnt much of a thing anymore

Yeah....pool hopping was a "thing" a number of years ago, but since all of the restrictions on what pools, and the greater enforcement of parking restrictions, it really isnt much of a thing anymore
I think the last time we actually pool hopped, we went to Stormalong Bay. BCV wasn't even a dream then.

Last time we stayed at the Polynesian the main pool was overcrowded so I'm glad to hear they don't allow hopping there. Not a guarantee it won't be crowded but I'm hoping the restriction will help some.

Last time we stayed at the Polynesian the main pool was overcrowded so I'm glad to hear they don't allow hopping there. Not a guarantee it won't be crowded but I'm hoping the restriction will help some.

I can certainly be wrong, but I don't think many people do pool hopping. I've considered it some times, but the hassle is really not worth it. I discovered I like a lot to do a split stay instead and enjoy what each resort can offer while staying there.

This is going to be a non park visit for us.
I am thinking of checking out properties that we have not been to.
Maybe look at the grounds pools etc and a
Have drink poolside

When we stayed at PVB the main pool appeared to be packed at 10 AM until noon when we left, but in reality people had saved chairs with towels and a few personal items. And for the two hours we were at the pool no one person used the 12 chairs near us and only a few people were in the pool none in the hot tub and no kids in water play area. I really think they need to patrol the chairs and remove items after an hour when no one has used the chairs.

I can certainly be wrong, but I don't think many people do pool hopping. I've considered it some times, but the hassle is really not worth it. I discovered I like a lot to do a split stay instead and enjoy what each resort can offer while staying there.

The current policy is Disney's way of taking pool hoping away without telling DVC members that they are losing a perk. Not allowing hoping to new resorts, increase the blackout dates, soon it will just go away.

:earsboy: Bill

We will be renting a car next trip and I am interested in possibly taking kids pool hopping at another resort. Will we have issues parking? The last time I rented a car, I was turned away from checking out the Poly and parking there, even as a DVC member. Is this the case with all hotels? I would be interested in possibly taking the kids to POFQ or CBR. How does everyone pool hop if they can't park at the resorts?
I think the monorails resorts are likely the only ones you'll have an issue parking though you might be directed to a more distant lot, esp at BWV. In reality it could happen anywhere.

As in you weren't allowed thru the guard gate? Was it a block out pool hopping date? Would think you could valet without issue.

When we stayed at PVB the main pool appeared to be packed at 10 AM until noon when we left, but in reality people had saved chairs with towels and a few personal items. And for the two hours we were at the pool no one person used the 12 chairs near us and only a few people were in the pool none in the hot tub and no kids in water play area. I really think they need to patrol the chairs and remove items after an hour when no one has used the chairs.

If no other suitable chairs available, same as on a cruise, after an hour, I'd have utilized them...neatly folding the towels/items & placing them upon 'the other' chairs the Chogs (chair hogs) were using.:rolleyes1

As in you weren't allowed thru the guard gate? Was it a block out pool hopping date? Would think you could valet without issue.

If no other suitable chairs available, same as on a cruise, after an hour, I'd have utilized them...neatly folding the towels/items & placing them upon 'the other' chairs the Chogs (chair hogs) were using.:rolleyes1

We actually just wanted to grab a dole whip when we went to the Poly - we were coming from the airport and had some time to kill before a CM reservation. They wouldn't let us in. I said we were DVC members and could we get in for pool hopping and they said they didn't allow anyone except resort guests or people with reservations to park there. We actually went to explore Fort Wilderness instead. They also said they weren't supposed to let us in, but when I said we just wanted to drive around for a while, the guard let us in. Maybe my issue was we weren't supposed to be allowed to pool hop at the Poly anyway.

Only resort we've ever had trouble getting into is the Polynesian. And that wasn't to pool hop.

There are still plenty of destinations that support pool hopping:
- Old Key West
- Saratoga Springs (2 feature pools plus others)
- POFQ
- POR
- Caribbean Beach
- Coronado Springs
- Contemporary main pool
- Grand Floridian
- BoardWalk
- All Stars

It's not something we do often but is a legitimate perk and we've never met any resistance from resort staff.

Maybe my issue was we weren't supposed to be allowed to pool hop at the Poly anyway.

Yep. Poly is no pool hop, and really -- they shouldn't allow pool hopping there. For the size of that resort, they could use a third pool.

True. Might make for a nice day trip break from the hussle and bustle of the theme parks.
PH is always space available. I'd call and talk to a SUPERVISOR before making the trip to any pool, esp VB. People have been turned away or asked to leave due to capacity at times.

PH is always space available. I'd call and talk to a SUPERVISOR before making the trip to any pool, esp VB. People have been turned away or asked to leave due to capacity at times.
Good to know. Thx for that advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter