• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Heating Cost - Virgin Villa Hols

Rascal1003

Disney Family !
I am just trying to add up all the "extras" that need to go on the credit card on arrival and Pool Heating is one I may have overlooked!

Can somebody give me a reasonable idea of what teh cost is? And also, whether it is really necessary ? (we have a 3-bed villa and the pool will mainly be used by 3-year old son).

Many thanks from a Villa Virgin !! ;)

I just spoke to VH and they state that this is dependent on which agent they use in the area. Indicative cost is between $125 and $250.....this is more like my quarterly electric bill than the cost to heat a pool for a couple of weeks. Please tell me there is no real need to pay to heat the pool ???

Hi , depends on what time of the year you are going, as a general guide you probably won't need pool heating between May and September.
I guess April/October could be classed as borderline months where some would and others would not get the pool heated.

Outside these dates I would definitely get it.

We go in October and pre booked pool heat as we will be having our two grandchildren with us 17 and 5 months, well that is my excuse I hate a cool pool. :rolleyes1

We have been in April and May and have always gone for pool heating - not just for the pool but so that the Jacuzzi is warm.
Next trip is October and we have asked for pool heating again.
One important thing to remember is that if they provide a pool cover make sure you put it on at night otherwise all the heat will be lost by morning and it will take all day to warm up again.

I seem to recall we pay about £100 for a couple of weeks of pool heating (dont quote me exactly though). We visit around Easter and I think the pool heating comes into its own for those early morning or evening swims! Wouldn't contemplate a trip without it at this time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter