Pool Atmosphere Question

eliezra

Mouseketeer
We are going to Universal the last week in October. We are torn between HRH and RPR (prices very similar). We have stayed at RPR in October in the past and we were surprised by how crowded and loud the pool was, did not really get a relaxing tropical vibe. We have stayed at PB in October and loved how relaxing the pool atmosphere was. Just too expensive this trip.

How does the pool atmosphere compare at HRH? We are not looking for a party atmosphere. Will HHN impact this at all?

Thanks for any info!
Amy

I think HRH will be more party atmosphere

Sapphire Falls is a really good option - I feel the pool is much better than RPR - but if you want express that does not work.

We have found HRH to be more of a party atmosphere vs RPR, although, I agree with you RPR does not give off a relaxing tropical vibe, it was still more laid back vs HRH. That's not to say that HRH is like college spring break though, it just isn't as relaxing as the other two (PB and RPR)

We usually stay at HRH but this trip we decided on RPR. The pool at HRH definitely gives off more of a party vibe IMO. I find it very loud and usually very crowded. I much prefer the more laid back vibe at RPR. Just my two cents.

We have stayed at Hard Rock twice and the pool is gross in my opinion. We always see floating drink cups and empty glasses around the outside of the pool that customers leave behind. It’s very loud and busy. It is my least favorite pool on property.

We usually stay at HRH but this trip we decided on RPR. The pool at HRH definitely gives off more of a party vibe IMO. I find it very loud and usually very crowded. I much prefer the more laid back vibe at RPR. Just my two cents.

We love the pool at RP.

It has the perfect vibe for us....not too loud, not desserted and yes, laid back and tropical enough for us.

I enjoy the pool at Sapphire too, but prefer the layout of RP pool. We have never enjoyed the HR pool, and although it doesn`t bother me, the pool is too shallow at HR for my family.

It does have a good pool bar for food, but all the hotels do to be honest.

Admittedly it's been a while since I was there, but I did a pool day at RPR in early June a few years ago and I thought the vibe was really nice and relaxing. It wasn't packed but it wasn't creepily empty.

We love the pool at RP.

It has the perfect vibe for us....not too loud, not desserted and yes, laid back and tropical enough for us.

I enjoy the pool at Sapphire too, but prefer the layout of RP pool. We have never enjoyed the HR pool, and although it doesn`t bother me, the pool is too shallow at HR for my family.

It does have a good pool bar for food, but all the hotels do to be honest.
The shallow pool at HRH was a huge disappointment. So the pools at Sapphire and RPR are deeper? I’m going to make a bigger effort to swim on our next trip.

I want to point out that if you stay at RPR, it's a really short walk to SF by the garden path to use their pool. SF has a nice slide, and some deeper areas than HRH, though nothing over my head. In the other direction, if you don't like the pool at HRH, you can pool hop to Portofino. Just something to consider because both HRH and RPR have another resort's pool within a reasonable strolling distance.

I liked HRH's pool better, but we used it for a mid-afternoon and then an early evening dip so it wasn't very crowded. It has a slide, which is a plus for us, but I do wish the pool were deeper. When we stayed at RPR, we went at night after the parks closed, and it was crowded, so I think that affects my perception of it. RPR has no slide, which was a bummer for my kids because they're a bit too old to be excited by the RPR splash area (which is nicely done if you have littles with you).

HRH has a much bigger pool and deck area. It’s zero entry. I may be the odd person out here but aside from afternoon children’s pool games that can be loud, I haven’t found it overly loud. I like that there’s plenty of space and not difficult to find lounges. There are pockets of deeper water but I don’t find it necessary to have 6’ depth. I bring an inflatable pool noodle, and as long as I can float I’m happy!
I can’t say I’ve ever seen cups floating in the pool or left at pool edge.

I love RPH but find their pool area cramped and difficult to find lounges. i Rank RPH pool #3, PBH being 1, and HRH 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter