Pool at GC

robbs49

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the GC for 4 night during the week of Halloween. My 4 year old loves the water. Are the pools heated. Is there a chance of "pooling it" midday when it is warm outside or is just to chilly.

Thanks

I'm no expert, but I think it depends on the temperatures at the time of your stay, and the temperatures you're used to.

We're used to things being a bit cooler in Seattle, so when we went we felt too hot most of the time, and welcomed the chance to crawl into the pool, especially at mid-day. (A couple dips in the evening were cut short, though, when DS2 started to shiver and asked to leave.)

It looks like the average high temp is mid-70s. If that feels like swimming weather to you, go for it!

PS. Not sure, but I don't think the pool at the DLH was heated...

The pool at the GCH is heated. My experience with the onsite Disneyland hotels is that they keep the pools warm all year long. That is a big draw to staying onsite, the themed pools/pool slides so they make the effort. We have swam at Disneyland in the winter and fall months many times. October can be quite warm. We once swam in December at the DLH and we could see our breath but the water was warm. Getting out was a different story!

We swam a couple weeks ago in the morning and it was great. Like a previous poster said, it just depends on what you are used to.

Even though the pools are heated, it is too cold for us unless it is summer time! I bought my kids wetsuits at the big box store(Costco) for about $15 and we take them everywhere we travel. They can always get in the pool with them! They also stay warm heading up to the room-the worst part! We have even been places in the middle of summer where the pool was supposed to be heated and the heater was broken, no one could get in but my kids and they had the whole pool to themselves-lol. Those wetsuits were the best investment ever for so little money, we sure have gotten our money's worth!

We were at the GCH just before Thanksgiving and my DD swam twice. I'd give it a try.

We were at GCH last Oct and swam each of the 5 days we were there. The weather was mild 70's-80's. I'm not sure at what temp they turn on the heaters in the pool. We stayed at DLH this past March and the weather was in the 60's-70s's. The pool heater was not turned on. The kids stilled enjoyed the Neverland pool, but dh and i spent most fo our time in the hot tub.

fidoprincess; that is an awesome idea!! :cool2: --do you think if I pick up one for my nephew that he still might be able to use the pool while we're there??? I don't have a Costco card--or one near me--but I do have Sam's Club here... I'll have to check..

"--do you think if I pick up one for my nephew that he still might be able to use the pool while we're there???" Hi, mdburd, Absolutely!! You know, a lot of kids will get in anyway even if it is cold. Their lips might chatter and they might turn blue but they really want to do it and nothing is going to stop them-lol. Mine just would not/could not so that was our solution-lol and we've been doing it for years now.

Usually the big box stores like Sams and Costco have them at the beginning of the summer but ours still had some left last week. You might even find them on clearance somewhere, swim team shops, etc. but remember they say they are supposed to "fit snug" but they really run small so I always buy a size up and if I am lucky, they get 2 seasons wear out of them!! Do a google search for kids wetsuits and tons come up starting at $20 and up. Most are on sale too right now. (Don't accidently buy a "rash" guard suit, that is just for sun protection and won't offer warmth!) Plus it would make a nice gift for your nephew!

It is one more thing to pack but honestly, it makes our lives much easier. I can not tell you how many times we marched ourselves down to a hotel pool only to find it was so cold we could not get in or suffer all the way back to the room because we are freezing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter