Pooh sized people, seating issues

I think he will be fine except maybe mine train. That U shape bar that goes over and around your knees is tight.
he did ok on Mine Train, but was pretty uncomfortable and it made the experience a one and done for him. :(

This was our experiences with some of the attractions: (I'm only listing the ones that my friend and mom did)

Jungle Cruise was great - able to use the wheelchair on the boat
Pirates', a bit of a problem for mom getting into and out of the boats - doable with help though.
Splash was good for my friend, no problems at all (mom didn't ride)
On Haunted Mansion, they took us to a separate area and we were able to wheel her to the ride vehicle so she could get out and get on. They stopped the walkway as well.
Small World had a wheelchair boat as did Under the Sea
Mine Train was pretty tight for him and he was very uncomfortable throughout.
Buzz Lightyear - wheelchair vehicle

Mickeys Runaway Railroad - no problems riding for either, mom did have to get out of the chair to enter the car but had no problem
Millennium Falcon - no problems at all, able to use the wheelchair up to the ride vehicle
Toy Story Mania - wheelchair car - no problems
TOT - mom did not ride. A little tight for my friend but they put us in the front row so that we would have more space.

Navi River Journey - again, a small issue getting in and out of boat for mom but she did ok.
FOP - Mom was able to ride but my friend had to leave the ride area because he didn't quite fit :(
Safari - able to use the wheelchair on the trucks
Dinosaur - mom didn't ride, too jarring for her. Friend was able to ride with no problem

Spaceship Earth - handicap entrance, they pulled the wheelchair up to the ride cars - it was pretty tight getting in and out for both due to the narrow doorways
Finding Nemo - wheelchair vehicle
Soarin - Could take wheelchair right up to the seats, no problems for either buckling in as long as the belt was pulled way out first.
Three Caballeros in Mexico - Wheelchair boat
Ratatouille - No problems getting in or out but the ride made my friend very queasy due to some scenes zipping by really fast.
Living with the Land - Wheelchair boat
Unfortunately, we didn't get to ride Test Track, it was closed due to storms in the area.

Thank you all, you've been so helpful and I hope this helps someone else out in return!

This was our experiences with some of the attractions: (I'm only listing the ones that my friend and mom did)

Jungle Cruise was great - able to use the wheelchair on the boat
Pirates', a bit of a problem for mom getting into and out of the boats - doable with help though.
Splash was good for my friend, no problems at all (mom didn't ride)
On Haunted Mansion, they took us to a separate area and we were able to wheel her to the ride vehicle so she could get out and get on. They stopped the walkway as well.
Small World had a wheelchair boat as did Under the Sea
Mine Train was pretty tight for him and he was very uncomfortable throughout.
Buzz Lightyear - wheelchair vehicle

Mickeys Runaway Railroad - no problems riding for either, mom did have to get out of the chair to enter the car but had no problem
Millennium Falcon - no problems at all, able to use the wheelchair up to the ride vehicle
Toy Story Mania - wheelchair car - no problems
TOT - mom did not ride. A little tight for my friend but they put us in the front row so that we would have more space.

Navi River Journey - again, a small issue getting in and out of boat for mom but she did ok.
FOP - Mom was able to ride but my friend had to leave the ride area because he didn't quite fit :(
Safari - able to use the wheelchair on the trucks
Dinosaur - mom didn't ride, too jarring for her. Friend was able to ride with no problem

Spaceship Earth - handicap entrance, they pulled the wheelchair up to the ride cars - it was pretty tight getting in and out for both due to the narrow doorways
Finding Nemo - wheelchair vehicle
Soarin - Could take wheelchair right up to the seats, no problems for either buckling in as long as the belt was pulled way out first.
Three Caballeros in Mexico - Wheelchair boat
Ratatouille - No problems getting in or out but the ride made my friend very queasy due to some scenes zipping by really fast.
Living with the Land - Wheelchair boat
Unfortunately, we didn't get to ride Test Track, it was closed due to storms in the area.

Thank you all, you've been so helpful and I hope this helps someone else out in return!
Thanks for posting your experience.

Posts 18-21 in the disABILITIES FAQs thread has transfer information which are hard transfers, steps and which have wheelchair cars.

Spaceship Earth actually has an ADA vehicle with a door that opens further. In our experience, they seldom offer the information that it is available, so we need to ask.

So FOP... We didn't try the test vehicle and made it all the way to the ride and they couldn't secure the back all the way at first. After a lot of trying to scoot closer to the front and pushing by the CM, they got the back "sort of" secured but couldn't do the legs. His size sounds very much the same as your husbands. Personally, I think the CM had an attitude as well. He was humiliated having to leave the ride area and I felt awful for him. They did give our party two "free" ride selections each in any park to compensate though so that was nice I guess. I just wish they would do something more to accommodate all shapes and sizes of people. For the money we pay, I can't see any reason why not.
I’m so sorry to hear that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter