Pooh Birthday Party Ideas?

jomommy

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the family board which produced no success. This is probably a more appropriate place to ask. So here's a paste from that post:

My baby (#5) will be turning ONE next month. I would love to have a Winnie-the-Pooh party for him, but I'm having a hard time with finding inspiration.

It has been many years since any of my children enjoyed Pooh, probably 6 or 7. I've seen the new program w/ Darby, but that's not the vibe I'm looking for. . . more old-school.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm talking food, decorations, favors, games? I'm really at a loss. I've seen some really pretty cakes, but that's about it. I'd like some cute Pooh quotes for invites and banners...but I'm having a hard time finding any.

Anyway, if any of you can help me out....I would appreciate it soooo muuuuch. This will be my last 1st Birthday party and I want to make it extra special.

Thanks, pull through for me 'creatives'!

My DD's first bday was pooh. We played pin the tail on eeyore, had a pooh pinata (you pulled the strings) and I ordered these little stickers off ebay that had my DD's name on them with pooh. You put them on the bottom of hershey's kisses. I had pooh blowouts and pinwheels as gifts and we had a pooh and friends cake. This was all before Darby. I printed the invites myself.

Hope this helps!

I think Oriental Trading has some classic Pooh party supplies.

I like pin-the-tail-on-Eeyore, and you could probably find a CD of Pooh songs.

You could fill a glass jars with candy and label them "hunny" pots. - The guests (I'm assuming at a first birthday party, you will be having family of all ages, not so much other babies) have to guess how many candies are in the jars. Closest to each jar wins it.

If you have something to make a "stream" out of, you could play "Pooh sticks" with some sort of baby items - rattles or something.

Real bottles of honey as favors??

My favorite 1st birthday thing doesn't really have anything to do with the theme, but you could put Pooh clip-art on them. - You make a list of questions - favorite color, food, sport, etc., and the guests predict what baby's answers will be at different ages. (We did 4, 10 and 18.) You open the predictions at those future parties.

If you have older kids you could use a board over a blue scrap of fabric to do a log walk (balance beam type thing). Obviouly babies couldn't do that.

I would use red balloons in the decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter