Polynesian - New Moana Rooms

Mr. X

Mouseketeer
Was just looking at the new Moana themed rooms at the Polynesian. We are staying thete the end of August. I was looking at the updates bathroom and noticed the shower was full glass. Does anyone know if there is curtain also? It would be kind of awkward trying to shower while other family members are trying to use the sink... :)

Was just looking at the new Moana themed rooms at the Polynesian. We are staying thete the end of August. I was looking at the updates bathroom and noticed the shower was full glass. Does anyone know if there is curtain also? It would be kind of awkward trying to shower while other family members are trying to use the sink... :)

Maybe you can bring one of those dollar store thin plastic table clothes and a few suction cups. I don't know the bathroom set up, just throwing an idea out there.

Maybe you can bring one of those dollar store thin plastic table clothes and a few suction cups. I don't know the bathroom set up, just throwing an idea out there.

I know people have done this that stayed in the tower at CSR. It just seems ridiculous to me when rooms at the Poly are so much $$$.

This is a concern of mine, too. We are booked at the Poly in August and this is definitely going to pose some problems with getting ready.

Nope, just in the DVC rooms. The toilet is in a separate room (think toilet closet), but you have to walk through the bathroom to get to it.
The toilet in the Polynesian studio is in the space with the tub/shower combo and a sink. The space with the shower also has a sink. Unless you were talking about the Polynesian hotel rooms.
Screenshot 2021-05-16 205330.png

It looks like the new rooms (not DVC Studios) have one giant bathroom w/ 2 sinks. I know they redid them with families of 5 in mind so this seems to be sort of an oversight...

It looks like the new rooms (not DVC Studios) have one giant bathroom w/ 2 sinks. I know they redid them with families of 5 in mind so this seems to be sort of an oversight...

Well, at least the toilet is now in its own room with a closing door. Before it was just out there in the open with the rest of the bathroom.

The no frost on the shower glass has been a somewhat frequent observation since the new room photos were released. Many/all of the other recent deluxe room renovations have used frosting of some sort in the design, so it’s interesting they didn’t use it here. Unless what photos and room pics have been provided were from unique test room(s) for photos and something that gets added (possible I guess, but doesn’t seem likely).

Unless what photos and room pics have been provided were from unique test room(s) for photos and something that gets added (possible I guess, but doesn’t seem likely).
It is also an easy update to treat the glass with an etched pattern based on Guest feedback.

It does fit the current bathroom architectural style of light bright spaces with lot's of clear glass that is very easy to maintain and "look" great just not practical for multi person use. Architectural style details are not "all" practical.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter