Polynesian Magic Kingdom view

Family24

Mouseketeer
Hi - I am new to this forum. Our family is going to disney at the end of January with myself, husband and two kids 10 and 6. I have been searching to try to find the best longhouse with that view. Does anyone have any suggestions on best buildings to stay at? Thanks for any advice!

Do a google search for tikiman, he has a great site about the poly. Go to maps on his page it will show all buildings with a magic kingdom view.

Yes, I have been on the tikiman site it is great. Just trying to get responses from people who have stayed in Magic Kingdom views. Thanks!

We had a MK view at the Poly last January. We were in the Tuvalu building, 3rd floor, last room on the left. It was a perfect view of the castle, the fireworks and the Electrical Water Parade.

Thanks - We are also going in January. Have not stayed in the Poly since our honeymoon many years ago (16). Getting very excited already.

Thanks - We are also going in January. Have not stayed in the Poly since our honeymoon many years ago (16). Getting very excited already.

We'll be there in January too! DH is running the marathon again so we'll be there January 10-16.

I've had Hawaii, Tuvalu and Tahiti.

My favorite view is from Tuvalu because all you see is water. If you put your head over the railing and look down, you can see a couple feet of tropical bush things, but if you don't, all you see is water. :love: It isn't nearly as far from the pool/main building as Tahiti, but it is kind of a pain to have to walk down the dock, across the dock and then back up the dock to get to the pool. I wish there was a walkway...but that would defeat the purpose of a dock! :) All in all, I'd take Tuvalu over the other two.

Tahiti has a beach out in front with palm tress that obstruct your view. I've seen it when the palm trees needed to be cut and right after they were cut...it is better when they've been cut, but not by a whole lot. They don't just block the view of things in the distance, they also block your view of the Electric Water Pageant - we saw 1/3 to 1/2 of it. :( Tahiti is so very close to the Ticket and Transportation Center, though - which is, IMO, a giant plus. And near the elevators, there are small lounge areas with couch, chair and table.

Hawaii's view is decent, but much more public than the others, with people out there all the time. Flip side, it is closer to the pool/main building and is club level, so you get the perks that go with that, if you want them and are willing to pay. :) I'm not a fan of club level for my own reasons and won't get into all that here. :)

Those are the only MK views I've had - I dunno if there are more or what. They all have good / bad points. You make the call!

Thanks again - We will not be staying in concierge, I just can not justify another $1,000 dollars when it is already expensive. My husband has a different opinion but I will find lots to do with that money. Tuvulua (spelling?) sounds great. Do they have balconies or patios in all the rooms? Thanks so much for all your information it is great to hear opinions from everybody.

Thanks again - We will not be staying in concierge, I just can not justify another $1,000 dollars when it is already expensive. My husband has a different opinion but I will find lots to do with that money. Tuvulua (spelling?) sounds great. Do they have balconies or patios in all the rooms? Thanks so much for all your information it is great to hear opinions from everybody.
Believe me, you, they don't give you much for your money in the club-level areas. I, too, started thinking, "Why are we paying $1500 for gummy worms and package delivery?" That, combined with some very poor staff people at BWI, Contemporary and Beach Club, just ended it for me. (No, I didn't complain to Disney and give them a chance to "make it right" - I just stopped paying for it.)

I had a room on the second floor in Tahiti and had a balcony.

I don't know about Hawaii and Tuvalu. Hawaii we had a first-floor room and both Tuvalu trips I had the 3rd floor. :confused3 Tikiman would have this info, I am sure!!

We've had MK view in Aotearoa and Tuvalu. In Tuvalu we were on the first floor. It was so nice to sit out on the patio and not have people walk by since there is no walkway there, just a strip of lawn, low shrubs then the water.

I requested Tahiti for our trip next week. I'll post when I get back. We have stayed at GF the last two trips (RPC with a MK view, and Boca Chica LV). I am interested to see how they compare :) I'll let you know what we think of our MK view at the Poly and what longhouse we ended up in. We also aren't big concierge fans. For our family the value isn't there. I can see how many appreciate the services that level can offer though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter