Polynesian Convincing

Should we stay at Polynesian or The Yacht Club

• Polynesian

• Yacht Club

Results are only viewable after voting.

maggie mfg

Mouseketeer
One member of my family wants to go to the Yacht Club. But I want to stay at the Polynesian. Which one should we stay at?

I've stayed at both and before I stayed at the Poly I thought I'd only want to stay at an Epcot resort but I fell in love with the Poly on my first stay there. I just love the tiki torches, view of the lit up castle and music at night. And you can't beat the location with boat or walk to the TTC for direct monorail to Epcot.

Have you thought of a split stay?

Tough choice. I'd have to say I loved both of them pretty equally. If you're traveling with young kids you might prefer the Poly because of the monorail and boat to MK. If you have older kids they would probably prefer Stormalong Bay at YC. If you're a couple with no kids they are both very romantic resorts as well. It's a really hard decision. Good Luck! :)

I couldn't vote--both are wonderful! I can't imagine either would disappoint.

It comes down to which parks will you spend most of your time at and what type of theming is important. Both resorts are beautiful and have access to a wealth of dining situation.

Tell us more!

We have stayed at both the Poly Concierge and YC Concierge. both were wonderful. The YC is beautiful and the service was excellent. SAB is also great and YC is very convenient to Epcot. That said, I must say that the poly is still our favorite. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. YC is a bit more formal and I did not like having to walk through the lobby to get to the pool. Also, the monorail is wonderful and from the Poly you can get to both MK and Epcot on it. It is like already being at the park. So the Poly wins out over YC, but just barely. Have a good trip. Jay

We love the Polynesian and its layed back feel. I think the YC feels more like a downtown hotel than a layed back resort. The only draw back with the Poly is the lack of a hot tub, which isn't a big deal for me but my family really missed having one when we stayed there.

Those of are my two favorite resorts!

Edge goes to the Polynesian because of the monorail and nightly water parade.

I haven't been to the YC, but my stay at the Polynesian was great !!!!! I would love to stay there again.

My 8 yo actually started this poll. I'm the family member who wants to stay @ the YC. We already have an AP ressie for 4/14-4/21 but my DS did get me thinking about a split stay. I'm hovering for a better rate after 4/16. CRO just might be making this decision for us; whether we stay at YC or switch to Poly on 4/17. We've stayed at YC and BC b4 and love SAG. My 8 yo likes trying new places. We've created a "monster"! Thanks to all of you who voted and humoring my son. Maggie

Good for your son!

I voted for the Polynesian too. It is just wonderful. So relaxing and beautiful, it creates two vacations in one. A busy morning in a park followed by a relaxing afternoon by the beach and pools....heaven. Night falls at the Poynesian and the paths are lit by Tki torches as the Castle shines in the distance. The Electrical Water Pageant comes by at 9 and there is usually a Wishes show sometime during the evening.

I can hardly wait!

I can't believe I caved. I called CRO yesterday and was able to change my ressie @ the YC over to the Poly. I couldn't beleive I was still able to make this change and keep the discount. Especially since one of the discount codes I used supposedly expired (according to mousesavers.com). I think I'll be truly convinced when I get my confirmation in the mail. We may still consider a split stay and spend our last few days at the YC. My husband loves SAG, especially the sand pool for our preschooler. I told him there seems to be a similar sandy area @ the Poly. I reserved a "garden view" room, lagoon was $100 more a night. It's hard to believe our first trip to WDW in 2002 we stayed @ GF for around $160 a night. Of course, that was shortly after 9/11. Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I think what really convinced me was the comments about all the kid's activites like the hula lessons and coconut races. Maggie

Maggie,
I know you have already decided, but you could always split your stay depending on how long you plan to stay on propoerty. Just a suggestion to try and make all members of your party happy.
ADP :goodvibes

We may spend our last few days @ YC. We're there for 7 nights. We did a split from POP to YC last August. My 8 yo and I started @ POP then met up with Dad and 4 yo @ YC. That was something I never thought I would do, but it went extremely well. Maggie

7 trips to DW, all 7 were spent at the Polynesian, personally, I won't stay anywhere else. Going back Oct. 2005. Just my opinion, it's the best.

maggie mfg said:
We may spend our last few days @ YC. We're there for 7 nights. We did a split from POP to YC last August. My 8 yo and I started @ POP then met up with Dad and 4 yo @ YC. That was something I never thought I would do, but it went extremely well. Maggie

How did that work out? Not the split stay thing but you going with DS before DH & other child? I was really wanting to take a trip with just my oldest DD for my birthday (5/6) or her 6th birthday (5/22). We've got these AP's you know....BUT I just couldn't figure out how to do that without breaking my DS(4)'s heart-especially with DD coming home talking about what a great time we had. SO...I thought what if I take DD 2 nights ahead of the others for our already planned October trip. We'd have some special time for just the 2 of us but then DH, DS, DD(2) along with an adult friend could come join us. I figured I could handle all the luggage, do the grocery stop and get things all settled before the others arrived. I don't think I'd do a split stay.

I haven't made my Oct reservation yet but I'm telling myself I will make it for Garden View this time. My first trip to Poly Concierge was Lagoon view in 2002 with a better than 40% room only general public discount. I got hooked but I keep telling myself I'm going to do garden view this time!

Lovesdumbo, We were also very concerned about our 4 y.o. At first I was going to get a car to the airport but that didn't work out so Dad and 4 yo ended up dropping us off. I tried to be as honest as possible without saying the word "Disney". We told him Mom had a meeting in FL and we would see him there in a couple of days. Dad went straight to Toys R Us so I think he got over it pretty quickly. I also handled all the luggage to make it easier for Dad. My 8 yo and I had a blast together. It was a great bonding experience! I think making that one on one time with each child is very important. My 8 yo is very excited we switched to the Poly. Now we're picking out restaurants and trying to decide which longhouse(s) to request. Maggie

maggie-thanks for the quick reply. I haven't mentioned this to my DH yet but I really want that special time with DD. I took a trip with her in Oct 2002 when I was 6 months pregnant with baby #3. I left then 20 month old son home with DH. And we had an afternoon together at Epcot on our last trip when DH and friend took the other 2 back to the resort for a much needed nap. I tend to expect more from her since she's the oldest and I tend to sympathise with the younger ones since both I and DH are the babies of our families. I think we would both really appreciate this special time together.

As for long houses I don't have that problem because I just can't give up my concierge. It is worth it for the 6 of us. My kids never wanted to eat anywhere else. I'm thinking of doing PS's for lunch and going back to concierge for dinner and supplement with take out if needed. The kids loved the relaxed atmosphere of the lounge (the TV). We love the convenience of milk, juice, snacks all day and being able to relax in the lounge since there are the 6 of us in the room. We won't be able to have the 6 when my youngest turns 3. I guess we'll have to leave my friend at home.

We LOVED Ohana on our Jan 2004 trip but I was disappointed in the service in October. We loved the food and service at Kona and while we didn't have dessert they looked great and I'm thinking of making a PS just for that. I've read great things about breakfast at Kona. I did go to Ohana for breakfast in 2002. It was nice and quiet and the character interaction was great. We also love Crystal Palace, we had a great breakfast at Boma, and we loved lunch at Trails End at Ft Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter