Polynesian concierge question

profdsny

DIS Veteran
I don't know if there is a forum for this, but I wonder if anyone has stayed in the concerige part of the Polynesian lately? I was thinking of booking that but reading some of the reviews from last year about the poor attitidue and service from the CMs wonder if it is still that way or if it has improved. I don't want to spend lot of money for us and not be treated nicely.

I know there are a number of people who have stayed more recently that my family, but I will jump in. We were last at the Polynesian Concierge (now Club Level) last July and are returning 5 weeks from today. As far as we are concerned the service was wonderful and the staff very friendly and helpful. Add to that the newly redone rooms and last July was our best trip to date.

So for us the answer is pretty obvious and we can't wait to be back :earsboy:

If there are any specific questions I would be more than happy to try to answer them based on our experience.

I would check out the Poly FAQ thread
and the Concierge FAQ thread
they both have tons of great tips and reviews

We were there a year ago and had a wonderful time. The resort is beautiful and you can't beat the location of the Hawaii longhouse! No worries, have a great time!

I would check out the Poly FAQ thread
and the Concierge FAQ thread
they both have tons of great tips and reviews

Hi Kelly, I read too many reviews that did not have great reviews of the service that make me nervous. I'm not sure on which site the reviews were that I read but most were only 1 to 8 months old that I saw, hence the concern.

For the service industry, that is why customer service is sooooo vital, one unhappy customer out of 1,000 can reach many people!

We went late nov.dec and you can look up my review. We had alot of issues and didnt feel like it was worth the money, would we do it again, maybe, but only for celebrating a special occasion etc. We would rather book a garden view room and save the money for something else.

Our family stayed there last July...we received a free upgrade due to renovations. We loved every minute of it. It was great having breakfast in the morning and being able to get a soda when we needed one and milk for our 22 month old.
The CMs we dealt with were outstanding. She even mailed our glasses from the luau to us since we had forgotten them due to the baby getting sick. She made reservations for us for Fantasmic. We loved it and would go back in a second but we're now DVC members so unless it becomes a DVC we probably won't stay there again unless we need extra nights not on our points.:love:

we stayed there GVC may 5-10th. the lounge was great and staff very friendly and helpful. mousekeeping on the other hand was awful. and the knobs in the bathroom were falling off.i would stay there again.

My wife and I stayed there for a week and enjoyed it very much. Watched the fireworks over the castle and the electric light parade, whatever it's called. The service was nice, the drinks and food handy, and the location and service top notch. I would recommend it.

Enjoy.

It's like the old saying goes: A happy customer will tell 3 friends. An angry customer will tell everyone.

...some of the reviews from last year about the poor attitidue and service from the CMs wonder if it is still that way or if it has improved...
It is sort of funny but I remember rude guests and never a rude Concierge CM. We observed a collection of rude guest acting as if concierge translated to a dining plan (i.e., hording, gluttony) or arriving in the lounge in inappropriate attire or free beer mean't they could take all the ones on display back to their room (CM stopped this from happening):thumbsup2 . Housekeeping on the other hand...well... the majority due not speak English,:confused: so hand gestures or pointing works best.

We were just there the first week in February and have stayed in Concierge both garden and lagoon multiple times over the last thirteen years. We've never had any major problems. CM are always extremely friendly and go above and beyond to help you with the tiniest of details to more extravagant things. We only encountered one mousekeeping issue and that was oct/nov 2006 and we weren't in concierge. Hope you have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter