• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly vs boardwalk

We've never stayed at BWI, but we have stayed at the BC and while the Epcot resorts are beautiful and are in a great location for going to Epcot and DHS, I think the Poly would be the best choice for a 2 and 4 year old. The Poly is just 2 monorail stops from MK, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals, you are just a monorail ride away from a variety of TS dining options at the GF and CR, the beach is great for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room (instead of fighting the crowds out of MK with little ones), and the volcano pool is awesome. BWI is one resort we want to try, but the Poly is our overall favorite and I don't think you can beat the location, theme, and size of rooms especially when traveling with little ones. Good luck :wizard:.

BWI is my favorite resort but when my kids were young we really loved the Poly. Boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct Epcot monorail. My kids loved the Electric Water Pagent at night. The rooms are bigger at the Poly and the zero entry pool is great for the kids.

stayed at both and boardwalk gets my vote. my kids the same ages as yours loved the boardwalk.

I would choose Poly. Especially if you will be spending a lot of time at MK. Nothing like hoping on the monorail and being back at your hotel in 2 minutes

We have stayed at both and that's a hard choice!

Ok, the Poly would have better transportation to the MK. It's a beautiful resort and I love their pool and food options.

The BW has a great location so close to DHS & Epcot. Tons of food options with all the resorts around the lake. Great night time family entertainment, great atmosphere & the rooms are beautiful. The clown pool might be scary for a small child lol. I like Poly's pool much better.

Either one you stay at you will have a great time! Just think about where you think you will be spending most of your time. If that answer is the MK, then go with the Poly.

POLY...Conveinence to MK and the monorail, all plusses!

DO your kids like clowns? The pool at Boardwalk is clown themed....

I'd vote Poly with kids that age. We were pretty MK focused when the kids were that age, and the transportation options and ease of getting to and from MK by a variety of methods was great.

The strollers on the monorail alone get my vote.

When they are old enough to enjoy the pool/entertainment then BW.. until you are not pushing in a stoller, and need to go back to the resort for a nap.. a monorail resort is better.

We have three boys (ages 6, 12 and 13.) We've stayed at Poly and BWI with the kids, and in just two days we're headed to WDW to stay at both! We'll start at Poly and spend lots of time at MK and a little at AK. Then we'll transfer to BWI and spend more time at Epcot and DHS. So a split stay is a great way to enjoy the benefits of both resorts.

But if you're trying to choose just one, I'd go with Poly for your family. As previous posters have mentioned, it's so convenient to MK. It also have a zero depth entry pool, which is great with little kids. And then there's the beach and the fun tropical atmosphere. Captain Cook's is our favorite CS in all of WDW and it's really convenient with kids. Also open 24 hours, which is just nice to know even if we don't need it to be open at odd hours.

Good luck with your decision!

I'd vote Poly with kids that age. We were pretty MK focused when the kids were that age, and the transportation options and ease of getting to and from MK by a variety of methods was great.

The Poly!!! We loved the Poly :thumbsup2

The Poly has wonderful transportation options for young kids in strollers. The monorail is super easy and fast. You can also walk to the TTC and take the EPCOT monorail with your stroller.

We had wonderful experience with the bus service at the Poly and super CM's.

The Poly theme and pool is wonderful for younger (any age) kids.

I have not stayed at BW, but we did stay at YC this summer, Aug 2012. The EPCOT resorts are handy to walk to EPCOT and take a boat to DS, but the bus service to anywhere else was horrible. We used a taxi many times during our YC stay. The EPCOT buses all share one route. We found that the buses were very slow to arrive at YC, then to stop at all the EPCOT resorts including the Swan and Dolphin........then getting to our destination was usually around an hour or more.

I love them both but would vote for Poly. When mine (DD and DS) were that age I loved the zero entry pool, the access to MK and Epcot by monorail with strollers, the dining options, the view of the castle during the day/Wishes at night, the beach is fun for unstructured play. BUT when we just had DD and not DS we loved the Epcot resorts because by late afternoon/evening she would just be happy to hang out in the stroller and we walked into Epcot and were able to eat/shop watch a few shows. I could give her snacks and she would play with a spinning light up Mickey while we toured Epcot. The walk back to the resort was so peaceful and it was so nice not having to wait for transportation.

Even though both resorts are in such great locations - it depends of what arks you think you will stay at the most.

POLY - MK/EPCOT (Epcot at TTC)
BWI - EPCOT/HS walking/boat

I personally would stay at POLY - bc it is a nicer resort IMO and I like the location better.

Whichever one you pick though - I don't think you could go wrong because each are in great areas of the world!

Have a great trip!

-FantasiaMagic princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter