Poly standard room fit 2 pack n plays?

Momma of 4

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip in Jan, and are still debating lodging. We are a family of 6, me and DH, and a 7, 4, and 1yo twins, so we'd need 2 pack n plays. I'm certain we could fit 2 in a studio (one in the extra bathroom if need be!) But what about a standard room? Would we be too crowded? (We'd close up the pnp during the day)

We are planning a trip in Jan, and are still debating lodging. We are a family of 6, me and DH, and a 7, 4, and 1yo twins, so we'd need 2 pack n plays. I'm certain we could fit 2 in a studio (one in the extra bathroom if need be!) But what about a standard room? Would we be too crowded? (We'd close up the pnp during the day)
Tight fit but I think you should be okay. There will not be much room to move about once the p-n-p's are both set up.

I think you would be tight. Our twins wound up using full cribs (as they hated PnP's), and we moved into a 1 BR over the last couple of trips. It was far more doable, and we wound up having the cribs in the bedroom with us and it was easy to move around. Now that they are in beds, it is a lot easier.

I think you are goign to be super crammed - plus, you have the chance of bumping into them in th emiddloe of the night to use the bathroom

I would go with something bigger

My heart was set on Poly I havent decided what to do yet, I'm going to see when 2019 prices come out and go from there. A 1 BR might price us out of a monorail resort, I'll have to play with the numbers some. Thanks!

Well, in a year or two you’ll need to find other options anyway, since you’ll be over the room occupancy when the twins turn 3. I’m not sure I’d enjoy having to turn out the lights when the toddlers crash each night as you’ll have to do, plus at the Poly in a regular room you may not even have a balcony to sit on after the kids are out. The 1 br.s at the DVC resorts are nice because you have 2 rooms - the livingroom & master bedroom to work with & they all have balconies.
I’m not attracted to it’s theme, but a lot of people like BLT, especially because they can wheel their strollers over to the MK. BTW, you might explore renting points for a DVC villa which can be more budget friendly than paying cash prices. My personal favorite of the monorail resorts is the VGF, but budget friendly it’s not :)

It might be a tight squeeze, but I think it's doable. If you're set on the Poly and are prepared for the pack n plays to take up extra room, I would say go for it. Even though it might be a pain, you could put them away while they aren't using them so your room doesn't feel so crammed. As a previous poster mentioned, once your kids turn 3, you will have to stay at a different resort in a room that accommodates more people, or get two rooms, so you might as well take advantage of being able to stay there now. There are plenty of other great resorts you can explore when your kids are older. I should also add that the Poly is our home resort, so I am very biased. :D

That's part of my feelings as well! We are aware this will be close to our last trip fitting in a smaller room (we might go back before they are 3) and also this will be the one we need the most convenient location, since as they age they will be able to stand and sit and walk to make things a smidgen easier to use the buses more. I'm still so torn, part of me thinks no big deal, we are a close quarters family anyway, going to bed early sounds like a dream right now, etc etc. but I also know clutter and no space will lead to lots of fighting. I did read for poly studio vs standard are the same size, but studio uses more floor up for the bathrooms, and I can't decide if that's good or bad (can put a baby in the bathroom! )

That's part of my feelings as well! We are aware this will be close to our last trip fitting in a smaller room (we might go back before they are 3) and also this will be the one we need the most convenient location, since as they age they will be able to stand and sit and walk to make things a smidgen easier to use the buses more. I'm still so torn, part of me thinks no big deal, we are a close quarters family anyway, going to bed early sounds like a dream right now, etc etc. but I also know clutter and no space will lead to lots of fighting. I did read for poly studio vs standard are the same size, but studio uses more floor up for the bathrooms, and I can't decide if that's good or bad (can put a baby in the bathroom! )

We have stayed in both types of rooms and they both have pros and cons. The studios are nice because there is room under the beds for luggage, the full bath has lots of space, and you are guaranteed an outdoor area (which is nice for when the kids are sleeping and you want a place to hang out). The standard rooms seem more spacious (especially compared to when the fold out couch is in use in the studio) and there is more overall storage space.

I agree stay at the Poly now because getting two room there would be quite expensive in the future.

I'm trying to figure out where to put the second pack n play that is not in the bathroom? Would you be using the fold down bed and the pull out sofa for the older children? Or would the 7 and 4 year olds sleep together on the pull out? If they sleep on the sofa bed, I guess that you could put one PNP where the bed folds down from under the TV?

So: It is probably possible, but it would be a tight squeeze.

The studios at the Poly are very cramped with all beds in use. My DH and I had wanted to buy DVC at the Poly, but we felt that the studios were too small for the two of us. (We only want one bathroom and prefer more living space. So, we continue to stay CL in the regular resort rooms.) The thought of two adults and 4 children in a studio would be too close for comfort for my family. My DS, DDIL and 2 DGD's (BTW also age 4 and 7) stay in the studios, but find them to be close quarters for a family of four. They use both the pull out sofa bed and the drop down single bed for the girls, however.

The floor space is the same as at the reg Poly rooms but much more space is allocated to the two bathrooms, so the amount of space in the sleeping/living area is greatly reduced. It is a big plus that the studios all have balconies or patios which would give you a little space to spread out and escape during naps/early evening.

My choice would be to stay in a one bedroom at either GF, CR or the WL. But, we like lots of space. you know your own family best.

Good luck choosing!

This is all great info. As much as I'd love a microwave, I think more space is better, and think a standard room has that. We probably would use all 3 beds in the studio, not because we'd need them, but because the small bed is "cool" so they'd probably want to use it. I'm still longing for the poly, but will be doing more thinking and number crunching when prices are released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter