Poly Resort Stay July 2016 TR

Love2Cruz

DIS Veteran
Hello folks!

Thought I would do a TR of our recent stay at Polynesian Resort. It was myself and my 7 y/o DD, a mom/daughter trip. We did not do any parks this time, as Floridians, we will return when the weather is more comfortable. I wanted to just spend the weekend relaxing and enjoying the resort amenities, restaurants and shopping. This TR will be pic heavy. :cutie:

I can't wait to see all your photos. I will be there in a week and I'm so excited!

Next we toured the property. We got there 10am and our room was not yet ready. They would text us but my DD got restless at about noon/ 1:00pm and approached the Registration desk and they gave us a room! I had requested a balcony but got one on the ground floor at Rarotonga... location was perfect-right across the Ceremonial house, I could do a sommersault outside of the side doors and end up in the front entrance(not that I can a sommersault) lol

So my DD started playing with the hats that are for sale at the second story store.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

BTW, DD loved getting the Leis at check in !

Last edited:
After some frolicking and unwinding and another purchase of Mickey jewels for her magic band, we ended up at the Tambu Lounge. The CM was awesome! I got a Lapu Lapu (the buzz kicked in quickly) and DD got a pink lemonade. After this we were ready for our room and DD wanted to head out to the pool!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And finally we arrived to our room! We loved it! It was large clean and nice theming. Our view was very private as it faced the monorail.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I asked mouse keeping for some more toiletries and got this!

image.jpeg

We unpacked-we were staying for 3 day-changed into our swimsuits and spent the next couple of hours on the pool deck. It wasn't crowed, weather was perfect, pool water was warm-we also played a couple of pool games with the lifeguards-Fun Times!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

After some time, we both were getting hungry so we decided to eat something on the pool deck. We again went to Capt Cook since we still had on our swim suits and coverup a. I ordered the Polynesian seafood coconut curry. It was AMAZING! Got it twice during this trip. DD had flat bread pizza-plain.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Now that our tummies were full and being tired from the pool and the sun, we decided to go back to our room to rest. DD had purchased a few toys she wanted to get her hands on and I just chilled in the air conditioned room. I was so glad we weren't at the parks as it was so hot unless you were in the pool or in the climate controlled indoors. Btw I love the scent in the Ceromonial house-it's not a familiar scent but it was so nice.

Upon our walk back to our room we encountered the lighting of the torch dance.

image.jpeg

After our rest and showering, we got ready to go out and tour a bit before having a late dinner. W had no plans or reservations, we were just goi g to wing it. So we got on the monorail and ended up here...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 10
So it was about 8:30om now and we decided to look for a place to eat in the GF. No reservations but I was sure some place could fit us in...we ended up coming across this....

image.jpeg

I had read about this place here on DISboards and new they had a Cinderella dinner so I decided to splurge and treat my daughter to a princess dinner. My DD is afraid of the larger than like characters up close but loves the princesses. We went up to the desk and there would be a 25 minute wait-we were fine with that and went exploring.

image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter