Poly or Beach Club in March 2021?

CoolBabyKid

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

After two cancelled trips, we are most likely going ahead with our end of March vaca. It was originally 8 days at Poly, but I wanted to check out Riveria so am spending 3 nights there.

With the remaining days, I also switched over to Beach Club to avoid the Poly construction, but in the general resort threads, from what I can tell, that doesn't seem to be an issue? And I belatedly noticed Beach Club is closed and wonder what that might do for the experience?

Has anyone been to either recently? Thoughts I may not be considering as we make a final determination to keep or ditch the DBC waitlist and stay at Poly instead? Thanks!

depends on what you want out of your trip and if traveling with children. Poly is empty, which might be a good thing. No Monorail at Poly but you can walk to TTC or Grand Floridian. Most restaurants closed but there are other options nearby. Stores at Poly are open.
Beach Club has stormalong bay, close to epcot & boardwalk.

I didn’t notice much of a difference with BC closed in October, For me, if we split stay..which is 95% of the time, we do one Epcot and one MK area resort,

For the most part, it will be RIV and VGF. Or BLT if I can’t get VGF. Honestly, I’d go back to Poly so you have easy access to MK,

When at RIV, easy access to Epcot and HS, AK doesn’t really matter where you are,,,for us, we Uber in the morning to avoid the bus when visiting there.

depends on what you want out of your trip and if traveling with children. Poly is empty, which might be a good thing. No Monorail at Poly but you can walk to TTC or Grand Floridian. Most restaurants closed but there are other options nearby. Stores at Poly are open.
Beach Club has stormalong bay, close to epcot & boardwalk.
We have two tweens and LOVE it there. Didn't realize the restaurants at Poly were closed. No Ohana? :( Monorail doesn't bother me if TTV is open. TY!

I didn’t notice much of a difference with BC closed in October, For me, if we split stay..which is 95% of the time, we do one Epcot and one MK area resort,

For the most part, it will be RIV and VGF. Or BLT if I can’t get VGF. Honestly, I’d go back to Poly so you have easy access to MK,

When at RIV, easy access to Epcot and HS, AK doesn’t really matter where you are,,,for us, we Uber in the morning to avoid the bus when visiting there.
I've been a member since 2011 and just started split staying a year or so ago, LOVE it. And did I even think of split staying by parks? No, no I did not. BRILLIANT!

We just got back from a short stay at BCV and it just fine. Hardly noticed the closure of the hotel side. I think it helps that the sister resort (YC) is open. We didn’t stay at Poly but visited there multiple times while at VGF. The construction was much more noticeable there than the closure of BC.

I wouldn’t assume that the construction disruption at Poly in December will be similar to the construction disruption in March. It might be! But they will be all over that property and different areas will be torn up at different times.

If your kids love Poly, u can't go wrong. the construction is barely noticeable. You will have the resort to yourselves. Regrettably Ohana is closed.

Since Riviera is on the SkyLiner route for HS and Epcot I would do the remainder at Poly so you can be near MK! That would be my choice, even though I love BC.

I did part of my split stay in Dec at BCV. It was solely for the ability to walk to and from EP and HS. If that's not a perk for you, I'd go with POLY, especially if you're doing RIV which is a Skyliner trip away from BCV/NWV area anyway. I was initially booked for POLY at the front of my split, but got lucky and CCV came through., otherwise I would've kept it.

I wouldn’t assume that the construction disruption at Poly in December will be similar to the construction disruption in March. It might be! But they will be all over that property and different areas will be torn up at different times.
I'm staying at the Poly in June and I'm hoping for work to be almost done. I'd be fine with what I'm seeing now, but I'm worried that Kona, the lobby, or shops may close as they move to different areas as you suggest.

If Beach Club is still going to be closed, I’d highly suggest it. We just got back, and Stormalong Bay was quiet and the Marketplace was peaceful. I highly suggest it. :)

If Beach Club is still going to be closed, I’d highly suggest it. We just got back, and Stormalong Bay was quiet and the Marketplace was peaceful. I highly suggest it. :)
Thanks so much, we went with DBC, looks like it's still closed so should be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter