Poly now GF????????

mermaid&cinderella

DIS Veteran
Okay we stayed at POLY in April and we are planning our trip for next April already and we were thinking of staying at GF..............we loved POLY.......will we be disappointed with GF?:confused:

Okay we stayed at POLY in April and we are planning our trip for next April already and we were thinking of staying at GF..............we loved POLY.......will we be disappointed with GF?:confused:

I don't think so. The GF is great.:thumbsup2 Much nicer than the Poly. ;)

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

I don't think GF is nicer than the Poly, just different more sophisticated. They Poly is south seas, barefoot and hibiscus, and GF is 19th century Victorian, stained glass and polished floors.

It depends on the theme you like. I like the GF, but it isn't one of my favorites. I like AKL, Beach Club and Poly. I don't like Contemporary or BWI.

It's just a matter of what you prefer. While I don't think the GF is better, you might!

Why not give it a shot, if you want to????

as lives4disney said gf is alot nicer than poly!!!!!

Uh, no. This is a matter of personal preference. My DH and I found GF to be too formal and white glove. Others like that sort of thing. My family likes the laid back tropical atmosphere of Poly. Only you can decide what your family likes. Now, I will say that the Poly has bigger rooms, is more central on the monorail line for both MK and EPCOT, and since the renovation, more up-to-date rooms (flat screens etc.).

this is definitely a personal choice..
everyone has different taste - which is what makes WDW so great - something for everyone...

i'm not a big poly fan, but i LOVE the GF.....that doesn't mean you will.....and it doesn't mean you won't....
you have to try it to see...

be sure to go to the food court (gasparillo something or other)....i like it best of all the food courts....it's small but has what i want and is open 24 / 7...which is great....

people sometimes claim that the GF is stuffy or snobby....i've never found that to be the case...
on the contrary, everyone there has always been extremely helpful and friendly....and have gone out of their way to do things for us...

the GF is our favorite, and second favorite is the WL....

It's a hard decison. We love the GF and we love the Poly. I keep going back and forth myself. We're doing a short trip in January and a long trip in July. I keep going back and forth whether to do the Poly or GF in January and which one to do in the summer. Right now we're doing the Polynesian in January and the GF/YC in July but it coud change.

They are both wonderful resorts. Polynesian is very laid back but I never felt that the GF was "stuffy" at all. Kids love the slide at the Polynesian but the pool gets much more crowded than the GF in the summer. Both resorts have excellent transportation and food options.

I would say if you've already done the Poly, why not try the GF this trip?

We have never stayed at GF, but everytime we have been there, it just seems to us to lack something....Its very nice nothing like that....the whole theme is missing....when at the Poly, you feel like you are in a different place and the atmosphere seems more relaxed. You can walk into GCH in you swimsuit and no one seems to notice kind of relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter