• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly LV vs. Cruise/WL stay!!

jennabcassell

Mouseketeer
I have my family booked at the Poly/Lagoon view for 6 nights with the dining plan for our annual vacation/my college graduation. I looked yesterday and DCL has a FLA res special for $145pp a night for a 4 night cruise on the Dream!!!! Its a month before our original vacation, but my husband would only have to take 2 other days off work for it. Thats not the problem, the problem is convincing my husband to do the cruise and WDW stay for the same amount of money. If I cut down our Poly stay by 2 nights and change from LV to Standard we can do both for the same amount of money!! (mind you we are pass holders so we go a lot, but not deluxe level- we usually stay value and mod when we can) I can also change us to WL (one of my favs) and save a couple hundred dollars (to be used for drinks on the cruise!!). His problem is not staying Poly LV. I could care less if we stayed at Caribbean Beach/Cruise! The point is we get to do both!!! How do I convince him that losing Poly LV to either Poly SV or WL is OK? Am I totally crazy? ( I am a resort changer!!!! I guess you can say I'm doing the ultimate RC to a floating resort!!!:rotfl2:) To me the idea of getting to do both with my family is better than just doing the Poly trip. My son and I went on the Wonder Nov 2010 with my mother and my DH has yet to be on a cruise with us, let alone a DISNEY cruise for that cheap!!! any advice from you ladies on how to convince your hubbies to change...please share!!! THanks fromt he excited DW who may be going on a cruise & a WDW stay!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Your DH wants a LV that bad that he won't consider the cruise? I don't know. Maybe I would show him pictures of the standard view and of WL. Then show him pictures of the Dream and Castaway Cay. That ought to convince him.

If you can do the cruise that cheap, go for it! I am currently still going through Dream withdrawl after just gettidng off of the ship a little over a month ago. We all had the time of our lives, and would jump at the chance to go for that fare. That being said, view at WDW isn't a big deal to us, so I would switch in a heartbeat to be able to cruise again. Poly and WL are both great resorts, and to combine that with the cruise sounds great!

ETA: I just saw that this is your college graduation trip. In that case, I would definately do what you want, as long as it is in the budget. Let him pick for another trip. (unless he is just afraid to cruise and would be a nervous wreck the whole time)

This is coming from someone who loves the LV/TPV rooms at the Poly...

I'd switch and do the DCL cruise and then either do Poly SV or the WL. You'd get 2 extra days of vacation, plus the cruise is wonderful. And he will have lots of ocean views from that part of the trip. And the day at CC is so much fun. We did a split DCL/WDW trip and it was great. The cruise was nice and relaxing, and the parks were tons of fun. I'd totally give up the view if I could add a 4-night cruise onto a trip for the same cost...:goodvibes

Thanks for all your posts. Unfortunately he can't get off work for those two days because he hasn't used his week long vacation yet!! Even though we have his week vacation scheduled for the next month, they (the union) won't let him slide. I didn't even know about this rule. I'm just going to have to keep my eyes open again for another Fla Res cruise!

Thanks for all your posts. Unfortunately he can't get off work for those two days because he hasn't used his week long vacation yet!! Even though we have his week vacation scheduled for the next month, they (the union) won't let him slide. I didn't even know about this rule. I'm just going to have to keep my eyes open again for another Fla Res cruise!

Darn work - it always gets in the way, doesn't it? :rotfl: Good luck finding a replacement cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter