Poly. Lagoon View

chip64

Mouseketeer
It's been quite a long time since I have last visited these boards We made a reservation for LVC at the Polynesian using a code and we got the room rate for $390.00 + tax for a rate of $434.86 per night. My wife and I will be going from Dec.11th-14th.. This is our 1st time not taking our 2 teenage daughters. A few ???.. Does anyone think that it will be busy? What can I do to surprise my wife while staying at the Poly,? Did we get a good rate? And last but not least does anyone have any suggestions to surprise my wife? Thanks, Chip.

Hey Chip. That is about the AP rate we got last July-August (value season) for LVC and that was a little better that our original rate with the AAA discount.

Aloha

Steve

DD and I spent last Dec. 8-13 at the BC, and neither the resort nor the parks were crowded, very nice time to visit! As for the wife surprise, I surprised DD with chocolate-covered strawberries in the room at the Poly CL, and they were delicisous and fun! Since it is just you and DW, maybe you could do the champagne and strawberries? Or, get a couples massage at the GF, have the certificate in the room with a nice flower arrangement, balloons or the aforementioned wine and fruit?

You can check with the IPO at the Poly for suggestions, they can probably come up with some ideas for you and help set it up. That's what I did for DD! Edited to add: their email is wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com

Hope you have a wonderful trip!:wave:

A big thanks to both of you!!! Hey Tikiman what do you think of the LVC in Hawaii since they have been rehabbed? We have not stayed there since they have been redone. Thanks, Chip.

You could surprise her with the romantic dinner for 2 from room service :D

Romantic Dinner for Two
Your personal private feast includes: two small Tangaroa house salads with choice of dressing, your choice of any two entrees, a delicious dessert for two and your choice of Domaine Ste. Michelle Sparkling Wine, House Chardonnay, White Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon, complete with 2 glasses $99.99

I really enjoyed ordering food to go from the Kona Cafe, I also purchased a bottle of wine at the gift shop to go with the dinner (they had a corkscrew and uncorked it for me!) I really liked taking the food back to the room, relaxing, and romantic, and private!!

I also pre ordered flowers, tropical, from the WDW florist to arrive in our room for us, and for DD I ordered the bag with goodies, LOL because I use the bag way more than DD!! It was a nice surprise when we came back from touring the MK and opened our door to see the flowers and the bag!!

Hey Chip64,

The Hawaii longhouse looked the same, they just replaced carpet and painted. They were going to do more of a redesign but they needed to do it on the next year budget. The rooms looked great. Our room was actually a test room for some new wall texture and color (one out of 3 in Hawaii) and I liked the way it looked but they new design that will happen in a year or so will look even different. For now most people will not notice that Hawaii looks any different.

Aloha

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter