Poly construction September 14?

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
We have been debating between WL, AKL, and Poly for our September 14 trip. Realizing that they will have construction going on then I'm thinking I want to take Poly out of the equation. Which is fine since it's the most expensive. I was at BCR when they were going through a refurb and it was fine. Didn't bother us at all. But, I've read many complaints about the GF construction and some seemed very bothered by it. I'm wondering if this will be similar.

We have been debating between WL, AKL, and Poly for our September 14 trip. Realizing that they will have construction going on then I'm thinking I want to take Poly out of the equation. Which is fine since it's the most expensive. I was at BCR when they were going through a refurb and it was fine. Didn't bother us at all. But, I've read many complaints about the GF construction and some seemed very bothered by it. I'm wondering if this will be similar.

I think it's all a matter of opinion. I have read a lot of complaints about the DVC construction at the GF, but I've also read a lot of reports from others who weren't bothered by it and had a great stay. I'm not one that's bothered by construction, but I can see how it can effect some people and make them book a different resort. If DVC at the Poly does go forward, I wouldn't not book the Poly because of it (but that's just ME). With that said, we've also stayed at WL and AKL and both are awesome resorts, so you can't go wrong with either one should you choose not to go with the Poly.

I think it's all a matter of opinion. I have read a lot of complaints about the DVC construction at the GF, but I've also read a lot of reports from others who weren't bothered by it and had a great stay. I'm not one that's bothered by construction, but I can see how it can effect some people and make them book a different resort. If DVC at the Poly does go forward, I wouldn't not book the Poly because of it (but that's just ME). With that said, we've also stayed at WL and AKL and both are awesome resorts, so you can't go wrong with either one should you choose not to go with the Poly.

I'm not trying to hijack this post but I have a question.....Is the construction at the Poly to add DVC rooms? That would be great news:) I have always wanted to stay at the Poly but our family is to big. We rent points and would love for the Poly to be an option for our next trip:goodvibes

I'm not trying to hijack this post but I have a question.....Is the construction at the Poly to add DVC rooms? That would be great news:) I have always wanted to stay at the Poly but our family is to big. We rent points and would love for the Poly to be an option for our next trip:goodvibes

Right now they are redoing all of the rooms/longhouses, but talk of DVC is coming up more and more lately. I haven't been following it as we are not DVC members and never stay in the villas, but rumor has it that Poly DVC construction will start toward the end of this year/beginning of next year. I hope you get to stay there one day....the Poly is an awesome resort :goodvibes.

Right now they are redoing all of the rooms/longhouses, but talk of DVC is coming up more and more lately. I haven't been following it as we are not DVC members and never stay in the villas, but rumor has it that Poly DVC construction will start toward the end of this year/beginning of next year. I hope you get to stay there one day....the Poly is an awesome resort :goodvibes.

Those are still rumors. Like Tikiman I've been told things but I've learned over 56 years of going to Disney Parks (obviously starting with Disneyland) that with Disney I don't fully trust things until I hear an official announcement. Even then things can change.

Will there be a DVC at the Poly? Most likely it's sure being looked at with planning diagrams around. What will it be like? Well, that I'm waiting on the announcement for because that can change even at the last minute the way the decision making goes. Will it start in Sept? Not likely but not impossible given that if there is an announcement it's probably in August so there would be ramp up time needed. And, it's even possible, though with the interest in having a DVC, much less likely that there won't be one at all. My learned hesitation/distrust with Disney planning just won't let me be 100% confident of anything at this point.

I hope it's DVC construction. If they refurbish the place I'd definitely be interested in buying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter