Poly Bus Question

Tinkerbelle's Mom

<font color=purple>Will clean houses for tags!<br>
DD and I are headed to the Poly the last week in August! Yeah! :cool1: :cool1: We are planning on spending most of our time at MK and EPCOT (hence the Poly)! I was wondering how the bus transportation was to MGM and AK. We wanted to do at least a day at each.

Our last stay at a deleux (WL) resulted in very bad bus transportation(loooong waits and travel times). :confused3 I was hoping for better from the Poly.

So my question: Can anyone tell me about the bus service from the Poly?

Thanks!!!!!

Well I don't want to disappoint you but for the last several trips the Poly has shared with the WL -- and like you I have experienced less than stellar service heading to MGM and AK - by that I mean some pretty long waits.

On the other hand though you can't beat the monorail and boats for MK and Epcot (well no boat there from the Poly!)

Liz

Well - at least this time I will be prepared well in advance! Plus I think I will make AK & MGM our full days - meaning no return to the hotel time in the afternoon. It seems like with the long bus rides it would not be worth it. :mad:

I still can't get a grip over the poor bus service at the deleux hotels. :confused3 DD and I normally stay at the values, except when we travel with my sister as is the case this summer, and we have never had a problem with the bus service! I guess we just know how to work the bus system at the values.

Thanks for your help! :wizard:

We last stayed at Poly in Dec. 2005. We had a quick trip to MGM, stopped at GF on the way, but that only took maybe 3 extra Min, and that was around noon, light traffic going there. Coming back from MGM at closing it was a direct bus. AK & DTD were another story....we went from Poly FW to BB to AK to DTD...Took an HOUR to get to DTD. The worst part was that there were only 2 or 3 families on the bus, the only stop anyone actually got on at was BB. Coming back wasn't as bad...I think we may have shared the bus with WL or GF, but Poly was the first stop. I LOVE the poly, but a PP was so on target....They really do need to do something about the bus system at the deluxes...You save so much time with the momorail, but you suffer on the places where you need the bus. We are going to WL this Dec., and are considering a cab for DTD & MGM. Only problem is we are a group of 6 this trip.

Do you all think it might be better to take the monorail to MK and then a bus to AK? Would that be quicker?

I don't think there's park to park transport. If you're staying at the Polyn, then you can walk to the TTC and grab a bus ot go directly to the parks.

We shared with GF, but I can't even remember it taking long or not. If it was annoyingly long, I'm sure I'd remember it.

I did just remember this. The bus from DtD to the Polyn took over an hour of waiting. We almost missed the ride back to the airport!

Or, would it be better to walk to the TTC and take a bus to AK or MGM? Can you do that?

We Were at MGm and missed the Shades of Green bus. So we hopped on the Poly bus. The only stop before the Poly was the Contemporary hotel. This was on May 6th.

Are there direct buses that go to MGM and AK at the TTC? If there are this may be the best solution.

Thanks for everyone's input!!! :disrocks:

Are there direct buses that go to MGM and AK at the TTC? If there are this may be the best solution.

Thanks for everyone's input!!! :disrocks:
Last August my Dad and I just missed the bus at MGM that went to the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian, however we saw there was a bus to the TTC. So we took that and got on the Resort Monorail back to the Contemporary.

So MGM has a bus which goes to the TTC and I am 99.9% sure they also have one at the AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter