Poll: Would You Travel To Aulani?

the thought of sitting on the long flight from east coast to get there with a mask and with covid would be a 'no'. the thought of (you never know in life) being sick with anything in a pandemic so far from home is stressful to me. so, no.

I would only go if I know for sure my test is negative and uploaded in their system 24 hours before my flight time. I believe Walgreens is doing free rapid tests for all with results within 24 hrs and there are a few locations in the DFW metroplex.
Thanks I’ll look into this!
Found a location an hour away, will be doing this!

Last edited:

Thanks I’ll look into this!
I sent a link that would be helpful, but bottom line is that both the tests at Walgreens is free and valid. The rapid test is the fastest, but some states don’t have that option hence they go for the regular PCR test that could take 3 days. Also, I wouldn’t read much into the media articles as there are many who travel who are not good at planning as most of us who are used to planning for Disney trips. If you do your homework and have everything you need for getting approved before you board, there shouldn’t be any surprises.

I sent a link that would be helpful, but bottom line is that both the tests at Walgreens is free and valid. The rapid test is the fastest, but some states don’t have that option hence they go for the regular PCR test that could take 3 days. Also, I wouldn’t read much into the media articles as there are many who travel who are not good at planning as most of us who are used to planning for Disney trips. If you do your homework and have everything you need for getting approved before you board, there shouldn’t be any surprises.
I agree. I also think there were bound to be a few speed bumps at the start of Hawaii’s reopening. Hopefully they’ll get resolved soon.

After seeing this — now I’m having more anxiety about my trip in a few weeks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...tes-arrivals-screening-portal/?outputType=amp

I wouldn't worry too much about the backlog. Here's an excerpt from the Star Advertiser article explaining why there's a backlog:

“The large number of the tests that needed to be reviewed was caused by the addition of travel partners and the grace period in which the state was allowing visitors with nontrusted partners to upload their negative test results,” Julian-Freitas said.

“We have increased our staffing to get through the backlog and now have about 40 people working on the issue. Along with uploading nontrusted partners’ test results, we’ve discovered that people have been sending screen shots, when the instruction states only PDFs are accepted, as well as poor-quality documents,” she said.

Called the only same day clinic in the PDX area. No tests and no ETA when they would get more. Then Alaska cancelled my flights for the first of December. No alternatives offered. All no stops out of PDX cancelled. Rescheduled for SEA, but not ideal, especially if there is snow. Going to wait and see and decide in a week or so. Called Aulani to shift everything by a day. Our view was sold out and we had no choice but to upgrade. Keep an eye on those flights!

We tested at Walgreens//POC 11/3—results were back within 75 minutes! Crazy fast and our Walgreens (in Texas at least) did them for free.
We flew non stop to Oahu 11/6–and the masks on the plane didn’t bother us. However wanted to let y’all know on American they do not serve meals in coach—only one snack. That seemed crazy for an 8 hour flight too.
At HNL there was zero wait and with your QR code and Photo ID -we were through in 5 minutes.
We are staying at Hyatt Regency first then I can update on Aulani.

We are at Aulani now and all the chairs were taken at the pools at 3 pm. It felt more crowded than I thought. There were a handful at the Beach open.
We had friends staying this weekend saying that chairs were all committed by 8:30am both yesterday and today. The weekday's should be more quiet.

We tested at Walgreens//POC 11/3—results were back within 75 minutes! Crazy fast and our Walgreens (in Texas at least) did them for free.
We flew non stop to Oahu 11/6–and the masks on the plane didn’t bother us. However wanted to let y’all know on American they do not serve meals in coach—only one snack. That seemed crazy for an 8 hour flight too.
At HNL there was zero wait and with your QR code and Photo ID -we were through in 5 minutes.
We are staying at Hyatt Regency first then I can update on Aulani.
@CodyBoy did you have to fill out screening questions? If so, how are we supposed to answer?

Thanks!

My friend and her husband flew there on SWA from Oklahoma on Friday 11/6. They flew OKC-PHX-SJC-HNL, so a lot of flights. She said that their flight going across the Pacific was not at all full; the rows in front of them, beside them, and behind them were empty.
I agree with other posters who have mentioned that the residents of Hawaii really don't want the tourists coming for fear of more Covid. My friends took Covid tests at CVS (I believe on Tuesday or Wednesday) and received their results by email while waiting for their next plane in PHX. They did not have to quarantine upon arrival at Ko Olina.

Sounds like pre-covid Aulani. Are the pools crowded?
So this is only based off this week and is obviously subject to change dependent on when you travel but the trend this far is weekdays are quiet and late thursday afternoon to early Sunday afternoon things get busy. If you plan a trip now I would maybe book off site events for the weekends so you are not fighting the pool deck crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter